Vw Fox

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
Biddle
Platinum Member

Vw Fox

Post by Biddle »

I saw one earlier on way back from Cardiff. First impressions- not good :? The driver of the car pretty fitted the apparent age group it was designed for, that being the more mature generation shall we say. Thing looks like KA and a jeeps love-child from behind. This is the first one I've seen on the road. Am I correct to believe this is the car VW launched to replace the Polo, if so..... BIG MISTAKE!!!! :evil: Btw I dont mean to cause offence to anyone that owns the KA/Jeep but I dont like it!
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

agree... it's sh!t
Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

mysteryboy wrote:agree... it's sh!t
:D Thats the word I was looking for!
Si_GTi

Re: Vw Fox

Post by Si_GTi »

Biddle wrote:Am I correct to believe this is the car VW launched to replace the Polo, if so..... BIG MISTAKE!!!! :evil:
Nope, its the replacement for the Lupo, the Polo is still going strong :roll:

The Fox is a VW to rival the Aygo/C1/107 and similar, its actually supposed to be very good for the market it is aimed at, judging by the reviews :)

Yes its quite tall - taller than the mk7 Polo - but its not supposed to be a sports car!
Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

Ahh thats more than likely what I read, it was a while ago. It probably would be better than the C1/107 etc due to the fact that it is a VW. I just dont like the current trend in car style's when it comes to hatchbacks. By this I mean cars like the C3/Micra/Fox. What I'm trying to get at is why replace the Lupo with it? Unless they are planning on releasing the Fox Gti then I think it will only really appeal to the older market IMO.
laura_fairy_22
Silver Member

Post by laura_fairy_22 »

i was at the VW garage today (looking at a golf FSi) and he was saying that the Fox had as much room on the inside as the golf did! i felt like pissing my pants!
The dash in the fox looks naff, the speedo is TEEEENY tiny!
OMEGASUPR3ME
Silver Member

Post by OMEGASUPR3ME »

yeh ive seen a couple and i live in the middle of nowhere, and yeah they suck, like a tiny jeep or something, i would never buy one, unless there is space to put a V8 in it :P
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

i don't mind the fox!! and they do seem huge inside!!! and they are quite big compared to the lupo which it replaced!!
ceedubya
Silver Member

Post by ceedubya »

unless there is space to put a V8 in it

i have had good look at a fox set up at the front and i could swap my 1.8t with 6 speed from my 9n polo into it in about a day

does that make it any more attractive :?: :?: :?: :lol:
Polo Paul
Silver Member

Post by Polo Paul »

Its a clever car, it offers what the mainstream VW buyer wants, practicality, space, height, VW badge and build quality. I doubt there will be a hot hatch as we have golf and polo GTi's, and its not like Lupo GTi's are everywhere so i doubt they sold too well.

I agree with what was said previously, i think alot of current small hatches have gone gone for tall and spaciousness rather than looking good, my examples being the Ford fiesta, New leon, Golf plus, Honda civic, Micra, Suzuki wagon r.....

They look absolutley stupid, i hate them all with a passion. If i wanted a tall car i would buy an MPV or a landrover, not a jacked up supermini. Thankfully the Polo and the Ibiza are safe from this stupid square tall look for now, so one of those will be my next car. I just hope small hatchbacks go back to being fun to look at, drive and own, instead of stupidly boring.
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

Polo Paul wrote:and its not like Lupo GTi's are everywhere so i doubt they sold too well.
It's because IIRC there was less than 1000 of them bought to the UK.
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

ceedubya wrote:
unless there is space to put a V8 in it

i have had good look at a fox set up at the front and i could swap my 1.8t with 6 speed from my 9n polo into it in about a day

does that make it any more attractive :?: :?: :?: :lol:
Do it! :D
laura_fairy_22
Silver Member

Post by laura_fairy_22 »

my other half who is 6'3" has plenty of room in the drivers seat!