practical test

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
tupac2makaveli71
Silver Member

Post by tupac2makaveli71 »

15 days left, any of you guys got any tips for me on the most difficult parts of the test, im still not that great at signalling at round abouts and also manuvers...havent even got onto them yet!
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

Signalling at roundabouts is a piece of cake :D

Basically you indicate in plenty of time for others to know which exit you're taking, but not too early otherwise it will look you're taking the earlier one.

As far as manoeuvres go, the only way to master them is practice, so ideally your instructor shouldn't have let you book the test if you haven't actually started doing them

Either that or you're going to have get a lot of practicing in before your test so you're confident with them.
Dee-vub
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Dee-vub »

Cheers for the resized sig Adam, much better! I dont mind it bein even smaller if it starts to annoy people with it being this size.

Yeh its unusual for your instructor to be booking your test without even doing a manouver. You should try to get out with your mum n dad as much as you possibly can, that helps alot!!!!
tupac2makaveli71
Silver Member

i booked my own test, i only had three lessons!!! i can drive, iv been driving for years now (private land of course) and i want to drive before i start college, as trains in london are getting unsafe now with all this terrorist bullshi*t
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Re indicating round islands, my instructor taught me to start indicating for my exit once i had passed roughly the halfway point of the previous exit - this way it is pretty clear for people as to which one you are taking :)

So if I was told to go for the third exit, I'd get just past the start of the second exit and the indicate :wink:
Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

mysteryboy wrote:drive like a granny and you'll be fine
I almost hit a granny on my test according to my examiner. He reckons i drove aggressively and made her rush across the road. Well couldn't have driven that aggressively or he wouldn't have passed me :P O yeah I also went straight on and he reckons he wanted me to go left. All he said was " get in the left hand lane" and this was left or straight on. So I went straight on and he then goes, "why didn't you turn left?" so I said becuase you never said turn left. But he still didn't fail me because I hadn't indicated left I didn't cause unnessary hazard. So Overall the test went as bad as it could have, so relived when I passed :D
tupac2makaveli71
Silver Member

i passed :lol: 8) first time
tupac2makaveli71
Silver Member

why thank you, thank you very much...all thats left now is my mot!
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

Well done mate 8)
tupac2makaveli71
Silver Member

so when is the next meet in my area?
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

nice one mate.... out of curiosity how many minors?
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

tupac2makaveli71 wrote:i passed :lol: 8) first time
Well done fella! :)