Dashboard display weirdness

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Lynsey
New

Dashboard display weirdness

Post by Lynsey »

Hi guys, have another odd one for you...

On a few occasions recently, whilst driving along, the dash displays on my dads car are being rather random :?

By this I mean the rev counter and speedo drop to 0, the trip computer resets, the lights all go off etc. This lasts for just a few seconds, like you notice, then its back up to normal.

An electrical fault maybe? Anyone have any ideas/suggestions what might be adrift?

Thanks in advance :)
Derwin
New

Post by Derwin »

Mine done this.

Was the dashboard dying a death. VW fitted a new dash for me, and reporgrammed my keys.

Get it sorted quick, as mine imobilised the car for me when it threw a hissy fit!
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

yeah i'd effo get that checked out quick!!
my dash and outside lights all died once but that because i had a snapped wire and the alternator wasn't charging the battery and the car needed all power left to go the engine!!
when i turned the engine off, it wouldn't restart!!
Lynsey
New

Post by Lynsey »

Thanks for the replies guys! :)
Derwin wrote:Mine done this.

Was the dashboard dying a death. VW fitted a new dash for me, and reporgrammed my keys.

Get it sorted quick, as mine imobilised the car for me when it threw a hissy fit!
He took it to APS in Brackley last week and they checked power supply and fuses etc, they were all fine so they too suggested something which would involve a new dashboard set up and ignition etc.

Sadly it'd be a job that only VW can do as it involves data coming straight from their system records of all their cars and apparently it ain't gonna be cheap either!! :(

I take it yours was under warranty Derwin?
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

Derwins was under warranty ;)
vwclub.gr
Bronze Member

Post by vwclub.gr »

Did you try unplugging the battery for about an hour?