Whats the going price?

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
fink
Getting There!

Whats the going price?

Post by fink »

Could someone tell me what the going price for a 6n2 polo gti is?....I know the Parkers guide price is aload of Bull as you only have to look in Autotrader to see that you can in no way find a gti for that sort of money.
So what is the going price for a 2000 below book miles Gti?
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

In good condition (which I'm sure yours is) with below average mileage you should get £4200-4500 without too much effort I'd have thought?

My local dealership shifted a V-plate standard GTi complete with the obligatory corroded BBS alloys, for £5499 :o
fink
Getting There!

Post by fink »

yeah I thought so much....I mean apart from the sky high milers...the Cat C&D repaired....the "Lost the History" ones you never see one on here or Autotrader for anything less than that.
Apart from one bloke who was gunna buy mine for 4500 (then had a family member kick the bucket and hence he had to change his plans) all I've had is people emailing saying I'll give you between 3 and 3.5...and then spouting the Parkers Guide price at me....I'm right in thinking this guide price is way off the money with gti's arent I?
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Yeah Parkers seems to be way out on the prices for GTis :?

Its a fairly rare car, its got a high standard spec (xenons weren't exactly common on small hatchs in 2000) and also there is that perceived image of "VW = quality & reliable" which boosts the used car prices a little.

You could try eBay with a £4k reserve but even on there, some auctions are struggling to get above £3k :|
Dee-vub
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Dee-vub »

i know you've been trying for a wee while to sell yours, but it'll easily go for£4000-4500 at least. Its a bad time of the year, with not that many people actually thinkin of buying new cars, and instead christmas, and new year......expensive periods. I think you should keep it till feb or so for when the car buying season really kicks in and you'll have people on there knees tryin to take it off your hands. You'll then have no prob watsoever!
Mouse_GTI

Post by Mouse_GTI »

For a 5-7 year old car, it holds its value extrememely well. I could probably sell mine right now for almost £6k although I paid £5375 for it back in July
fink
Getting There!

Post by fink »

cheers guys....I'm not really in a rush to sell anyway...just thought I'd see if she went...love her to bits...I'll do as you said and keep her till Feb.
mysteryboy

Post by mysteryboy »

Si_GTi wrote:
You could try eBay with a £4k reserve but even on there, some auctions are struggling to get above £3k :|
ebay's a joke for selling cars... people want everything for peanuts over there...
Mouse_GTI

Post by Mouse_GTI »

...and they can't advertise cars for s**t
samuel090180
Bronze Member

Post by samuel090180 »

I suspect that PARKERS has probably heard about the vehicles reliability issues and that is why the car has dropped in value...
jason11
Platinum Member

Post by jason11 »

it depends on wat some1 wud pay doesnt it !!

fink wat u wud pay and go for that price u can always lower it if u dnt sell it cant ya :)
RICHARD HARPER
Bronze Member

Post by RICHARD HARPER »

I got offered £3000 for my car from an independent garage and £2800 from a main dealer, thats with full VW history and 75,000 miles.

They said they'd send a car of that age to auction

That was against a Type R or cupra r leon
Del_GTi
Gold Member

Post by Del_GTi »

I did really well, sold me last saturday private sale and got £5000 for it.

Was well chuffed with the price.

8)
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

What's gonna be replacing it Del.
Del_GTi
Gold Member

Post by Del_GTi »

Will post up pics when and if i get it. Not wanting to say until i definately have it. lol

8)