Your views please

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
Silva_B!tch_Owner
Bronze Member

Your views please

Post by Silva_B!tch_Owner »

Having just recently been to court and had 5 penalty points for careless driving (dangerous driving got dropped), sadly I have to go to court again for going through a red light supposedly. Got stopped by a police car behind me when I went through the lights at a junction just as it changed to Amber, the police car followed without there sirens and pulled me over and INSTANTLY wrote me a ticket of which I've sent off to go to court.

Being that I've only had my license a year in June, I am in a bit of a sticky situation.

Whats the worst that will happen?

Anyone had anything similiar?
OMEGASUPR3ME
Silver Member

Post by OMEGASUPR3ME »

most likely you will lose your licence and have to redo your test, because thats what happens when you have 6 or more points in the first two years, unluckey bud
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

Unfortunately Omega is correct, you will lose your license as jumping a red is a 3 point offence (i know first hand :oops:) and this will exceed the limit of 6 points under your 2 year probation period.

Unless you require your license for work purpose's and can perhaps get a senior member of your employer to write a letter confirming you need your license and would lose your job if you lost it, i have heard of case's where this plea has succeeded but resulted in a large fine.

Otherwise it will mean having to re-take the theory and practical test again.
polopowah
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

well thats complete b****x about him pulling you over when it was amber, he should have known better, or perhaps he was having a quiet day and decided to pick on someone :roll:
i've gone through an amber with a police car behind before but i suppose its just luck (or no luck) of the draw :(

-Ben-
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

Bad luck mate. It could all come down to the mood the judge is in on the day.

Good luck with it and hope for the best
Silva_B!tch_Owner
Bronze Member

Post by Silva_B!tch_Owner »

Ahhh this is terrible.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the help.