Insuring 2 Cars

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
Coops
Getting There!

Insuring 2 Cars

Post by Coops »

what does every1 do? basically the valver (clio, not vw!lol) is insured and the polo isnt. i want to insure the polo for commuting to work and general weekday use. then the valver on limited mileage as my toy. thing is i asked insurance company n they said to do both on current policy i will have to restart, but that means waiting a whole nother year to rack up the no claims, seems stupid giving up half way! what about just taking out a totally unrelated policy on the polo with another company?can you do that? and if so am guessin i cant use my no claims on both policies

basically, whats the best way to do it?! :P
skypilot30
New

Post by skypilot30 »

Why not ask other insurers - try here:

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/insurancedefault.asp

Regards

Don
toXXin

Post by toXXin »

Elephant and Admiral allow you to insure a second car for up to 90 days of the year, which helps if you have a second car or a track car. Whenever I've used it, it's worked out to about £10 a week!

They've been my choice for years!
omicron
Gold Member

Post by omicron »

I just have 2 policies: The Toyota (work car) is on a regular policy with elephant: The polo is on a classic policy with Lancaster (limitted miles, no commuting).
pettsy

Post by pettsy »

toXXin wrote:Elephant and Admiral allow you to insure a second car for up to 90 days of the year, which helps if you have a second car or a track car. Whenever I've used it, it's worked out to about £10 a week!

They've been my choice for years!
Really :shock:

Been with elephant for a couple of years and didn't realise! :oops: