Hello all, new (well 2nd hand) Polo and a few questions

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
ct.p
New

Hello all, new (well 2nd hand) Polo and a few questions

Post by ct.p »

Today we picked up our new Polo (6N) 1.4 8v having got rid of our MK3 Golf GTI. The Mrs is well chuffed with it.

I've still got my MK4 Golf TDI and frequent UKMKIV's and know fair bit about Golfs but zilch (well less) about Polo's.

I've got a few questions however....

1, It has a VW alarm which is fixed to the bulkhead in the engine and ultrasonics for the interior, we didn't get a fob with it.

2, Is this just the sounder, is there a separate alarm module elsewhere ?

3, I assume it's factory fitted and if we had the fob it would do remote locking ?

4, Is the alarm integrated with the data bus and can be read with vagcom like on my Golf ? or is this old car a bit to old old school for that ? Havn't scanned it with Vagcom yet btw.

5, Is the alarm intregrated with the imobilser ?

6, How much / is it possible to get a replacement fob from VW ?

P.S I have Vagcom, am based in Maidenhead Berks and am quite happy to scan, do a throttle body alignment etc if you need it ?

Thanks in advance for any info on the alarm...
Polo Paul
Silver Member

Post by Polo Paul »

If there is a VW alarm with it it should have a remote, although i beleive the alarm is activated when locking the doors manually by holding the key in the lock position for a few seconds.

Alarms were'nt standard fitment to the 1.4 8'v i dont think, just a standard immobiliser so it could have been added on later or as an optional extra, so therefore calling up a dealer with the details on the alarm would probably provide you with everything you need to know.