H&R camber adjusting bolts arrived...

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
olop_chris
Sponsor

H&R camber adjusting bolts arrived...

Post by olop_chris »

They've arrived, i've not seen them yet though as they're at my girlfriends house for now....

Has anyone had experience with camber adjusting bolts? and if so...is it an easy enough job for me to have a crack at on my own? Also will i need to get the tracking re-done after changing the degrees on the camber itself?

Thanks, Chris
jezmk4
Silver Member

Post by jezmk4 »

what the hell is a "camber adjusting bolt" for a polo 6n/2 ?

rear camber isnt adustable, and front camber is adjustable by how the suspension is attached?
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

jezmk4
Silver Member

Post by jezmk4 »

You do know

that you just set the camber by how you tighten the bolts on the slotted hole on the standard strut?
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

Yeah, but apparently it can only be done by a tiny certain amount?

Ill see what these bolts do anyways
jezmk4
Silver Member

Post by jezmk4 »

the bolts do something, that your standard setup can do already..

if you need more adjustment from you current setup, you can use thinner bolts for more movement

you should easily be able to dial in 2 degrees with standard setup

which is more than enough for track use, and enough to ensure that the inside of your tyres will get eaten away faster
vdubit
Gold Member

Post by vdubit »

Cos our cars are wound down so far you cant adjust it anywhere near enough using the standard holes in the shocks. I'm just gonna drill the holes a bit longer. Tis cheaper!
jezmk4
Silver Member

Post by jezmk4 »

vdubit wrote:Cos our cars are wound down so far you cant adjust it anywhere near enough using the standard holes in the shocks.
well my camber is fine, and cant be adjusted perfectly well and there is no way your car is as low

the camber barely changes as the car gets lower, and as it does, the negative increases. still plenty of adjustment
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

For the sake of £30 I have just bought a set of these bolts for my own GTi in readiness for the suspension swap I have scheduled. 8)
ticki
Sponsor

Post by ticki »

Have you decided what coil overs your going for? How much did they cost, and where did you get them from?

cheers
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

ticki wrote:Have you decided what coil overs your going for? How much did they cost, and where did you get them from?

cheers
FK konigsport silverline x - nearly £400 + cost of new top mounts + H&R bolts + fitting - bought second-hand from Saj at Gwent VW :wink: