polo power
Gold Member

Post by polo power »

wheels look like new :)
jezmk4
Silver Member

Post by jezmk4 »

Mouse_GTI wrote:Konigsports,
Man, those FK's Rust like f**k dont they!

my mates highsports were a JOKE!
kipper
Platinum Member

Post by kipper »

well its a buggery the car wont work. either im lazy or your mad, i wouldnt take my wheels of to clean em. after all whos gonna see the back of the wheels when ur driving? or parked? unless u going into a "cleanest car" competition. i spend abotu half an hour cleaning my car every now and then and thats good enough for me....... but there again i am busy most of the time........ its called working......... u should try it some time;)
hawyziee
New

Post by hawyziee »

jezmk4 wrote:
Mouse_GTI wrote:Konigsports,
Man, those FK's Rust like **** dont they!

my mates highsports were a JOKE!
yup the highsports on my mk4 are a joke, rust so easily. really if you want to go for fk's you NEED te silverline's!!! or just save up the extra for kw's. . . . .
bit gutting after all that hard work that the car won't start! was admiring how clean the wheels are when i got home last night 8)
here's another pic of it for you

mk4 glx 1.6
Gold Member

Re: Spent over 6 hours on my wheels today!

Post by mk4 glx 1.6 »

Mouse_GTI wrote:There were a lot of stubborn tar marks which took a long time to get rid of......................Tried using Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover with the sponge but it was no good. Ended up using white spirit to get rid of it but later managed to use the Autoglym stuff effectively.
Did you try using a clay bar on the tar spots? This is usually an effective methods of removing them, unless they are particularly thick.

Wheels look good. I always clean, seal and wax the inside's of mine whenever I take the wheels off for any particular reason.

Whilst you had the wheels off, I would of cleaned the threads of your coilovers and applied more copper grease to them.
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Mouse_GTI »

Tried Sonus Green clay on them but it was useless. Just worked in the Autoglym stuff, got most of it off, rinsed it, then went over the last few bits then rinsed again
way_z
Silver Member
Drives: 6n2 1.4 TDI

Post by way_z »

the wheels r blingin mate, good job! i wanna wash inside of my wheels too as well as the callipers but i wouldn't go as far as to clean the arches! like others have said, they just meant to be dirty! i see your brake calliper paint has cracked big time, happened to mine too... so annoying! thinkin i might get them powder coated for more hardwearing finish... do it when i do the G60 brake upgrade! 8) by the way, what tyre gel did u use? wouldn't it have been a good idea washing the rest of the car b4 putting the wheels back on otheriwise the muck from the car just gonna get on the wheels? :?
Mouse_GTI

Post by Mouse_GTI »

Apparently it's best to do the wheels first. Could always covered them with a black bag. I used Blackfire Long Lasting tyre gel, it's ment to be good stuff and last about a month. I'll also get my callipers sorted if I get the G60 brake upgrade
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

wheels look amazing Mouse!! shame bout the car not working tho!
loud
Gold Member

Post by loud »

i get all my tar spots off my wheels (which tend to be a lot on the rear dishes) using meguiars claybar and a bit of welly
Mouse_GTI

Post by Mouse_GTI »

I hate tar so much. It's the reason I spend so long on the car, because I have so much tar and it takes so long to take off. Plus one of my mates say I have "legendary attention to detail" :lol:
loud
Gold Member

Post by loud »

yea in the summer it takes me about 25-30 hours altogether to get the car looking how i want it, wash, claybar, polish one day, then next day it'll be wash, extra gloss protection, wax, then next day it'll be like wheels, door frames, engine bay etc

in the winter i just get lazy
M@Turner
Platinum Member

Post by M@Turner »

loud wrote:i get all my tar spots off my wheels (which tend to be a lot on the rear dishes) using meguiars claybar and a bit of welly

This sort of welly? :shock:

What do you do? Just rip a bit off and use that like you would a cloth!

:P :lol:

*Serious Head back on*

Wheels look like brand spankers. Some good work there. Over winter i just give my car a quick 30minute wash every week. Too cold to do owt else! :oops:
loud
Gold Member

Post by loud »

lol i was waiting for someone to do that