Tips for test...what did you fail on? lol

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

I failed my test first time because I was on a roundabout and there was a lorry in the middle lane going straight over and i was in the left lane also going straight over. I decided not to go when it was clear because the lorry was so big the two of us would have not got around.. and I got failed for that. even though atr the time I said im not going over because the lorry is so big. :roll:

I got one answer wrong on my theory too but contested it and got it thrown out of the test.
there was a picture of two cars at a narrowed zebra crossing with a give way to oncoming traffic sogn. the questions were who has right of way. your car the other car or neither. I said neither as there was a girl waiting to cross the road :lol: and got it wrong. I complained after and got a letter back saying they had taken the question out of the test. small victories n'all...
1litreheater
Silver Member

Post by 1litreheater »

ok sorry Chally_Rai no sweet talking the women driver instructers, unless thats your thing !

How was i spose to know Chally_Rai's a girl :lol:
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

ModifiedMadness wrote:
1litreheater wrote:Oh and hope you get a women, sweet talk her, compliment her clothes and excite her with your driving ! :lol:
Chally_Rai is a female so I don't think that'll work mate.
It can still work. At the start touch her leg instead of the handbrake and say sorry Im just a little nervous... do you work out by the way? Feel her leg again and say Daaamn those are fine legs... Thus making her really uncomfortable and drive round the corner for her to tell you that you've passed just as long you dont touch her again... Result!
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Hehe if that worked it would be gold. I passed my test first time with 3 minors, but failed a mock (not thats its of any importance).

My intructor said always make sure you are checking your mirrors - everytime you change direction, speed, brake, traffic lights (the list goes on and on) - they are very hot on that, also spacial awareness (shaving vehicles and all that), and lane discipline.

I found taking some of that Bach Rescue Remedy worked a treat - you can get it from tescos or any good health store - tis a natural calming remedy made from flowers hehe takes away most of your nervousness and puts you in complete control!

Cheers,

Alex
gina
Getting There!

Post by gina »

I past second time round, I failed first time for stalling on a roundabout, well junction before! OOPS!

Someone i know failed for speeding, was doing 50 in a 30 zone, cos she "didnt know the speedlimit" telltale signs of a 30 are lamp posts!!!
Chally_Rai
Sponsor

Post by Chally_Rai »

Hehe, thanks for the tips, keep em coming! Im having a giggle at your expenses...but dont worry, when i fail you can have a giggle at mine...i am renound for doing silly things at the best of times, but when im under pressure, its just not even worth thinking about....

Im hoping i wont be nervous, i was meana take it 4th jan but didnt see the point cuz i wasnt entirely ready and would have been nervous, then again im not expecting to beable to pass first time, so i duno...

Im not too sure about the coming on to the test man thing...i think ill give that a miss!There are no women at this test center apparently... Im also not sure whether to have my instructor in the back, i was going to but now im thinking maybe not....hmmm
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

i passed second time round with 6 minors i think!

first time i got 2 majors and 15 minors lol bit the examiner was an arsehole and not even my instructor liked him and he was hoping that he wouldn't be my examiner!!

i failed on reverse parellel parking and also was trying to squeeze through a tight gap and the examiner had to touch the brakes! i also got 6 failed mirror checks which was absolute b*******s tbh!
the second test i had a woman and my instructor told me i'd be fine if i gave her a good ride :?

so tips, exagerate mirror checks, u can never do too many of them and just take it slow on manouvers, always look for other road users befoire moving and anticipate what they are going to do!

good luck :D
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by shantybeater »

Right here comes the guy whos dad was telling him to wear a skirt for the next test...Passed on my ....cough...fourth...

first time: nice examiner, smooth drive...came to a cross junction and somehow ended up on the wrong side of the road heading towards an oncoming car...instant fail. End result : 1 major, 3 minors
Final words from the examinor: " wish i could have passed you mate, great drive..silly mistake, better luck next time"
Second time: Left the test center, got to a pedestrian crossing for some reason in a hurry & put my foot down as an elderly lady stepped on (i knew i could make it), rest of the test went well End result:2 majors, one for almost running an old lady down & another for breaking to late at a junction. Third test Test went totally fine, pulled out onto the seafront right infront of a car. In my defense at that junction the road went from two lanes to one which was fairly un-noticable, i then managed to do the exact same thing again 5 mins later. End resulttwo majors & 7 minors.. Final words from examiner: What the hell were you doing?

Fourth test: Accepted defeat by this point, got in the car drove on the worst route ever, literally went on about 8 double round abouts = 16 roundabouts (i hate roundabouts), floored it to the test center at the end, and practically hugged the moody bastard End result:3 minor.

What suggestions can i give? its alot to do with luck & being switched on, everyone laps sometimes, some worse than others....I passed on my worst test route when i was the least confident! just keep at it[/b]
Chally_Rai
Sponsor

Post by Chally_Rai »

shantybeater wrote:Right here comes the guy whos dad was telling him to wear a skirt for the next test...Passed on my ....cough...fourth...

first time: nice examiner, smooth drive...came to a cross junction and somehow ended up on the wrong side of the road heading towards an oncoming car...instant fail. End result : 1 major, 3 minors
Final words from the examinor: " wish i could have passed you mate, great drive..silly mistake, better luck next time"
Second time: Left the test center, got to a pedestrian crossing for some reason in a hurry & put my foot down as an elderly lady stepped on (i knew i could make it), rest of the test went well End result:2 majors, one for almost running an old lady down & another for breaking to late at a junction. Third test Test went totally fine, pulled out onto the seafront right infront of a car. In my defense at that junction the road went from two lanes to one which was fairly un-noticable, i then managed to do the exact same thing again 5 mins later. End resulttwo majors & 7 minors.. Final words from examiner: What the hell were you doing?
[/b]
Ouch!

Well, now my car has decided to die, again, my practise opportunities are slim-non existent so....its not looking good :cry:
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

You'll get there, dont give up :D

As soon as the car's up and running get yourself back out there 8)
collywobbles
Bronze Member

Post by collywobbles »

Oh nooooo, not the how many times did it take you to pass question :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ummmmmm, has anyone seen the weather lately urghhhh :cry:
Chally_Rai
Sponsor

Post by Chally_Rai »

ModifiedMadness wrote:You'll get there, dont give up :D

As soon as the car's up and running get yourself back out there 8)
Figured out I can still use it as long as I dont stall it (would i???hehe) and i park on a hill cuz its pretty damn easy to bump start, just the starter motors gone i think.

So i got back out there.....half way across dartmoor admiring the ponies when my friend demands i do the window up as hes freezing, which i do. I then hear giggling coming from the back seat, my hair is caught in the window(its long so i didnt notice) so i turn around, COMPLETELY forget im driving and start tugging at it. I just completely forgot it was me in the drivers seat! my friend had to steer me away from a large grassy bank, which i hit anyways just....had he not turned it like he did we probably would have ended up the wrong way up.....

scared the hell out of me....

I have now made a mental note not to forget its me thats driving!!

collywobbles wrote:Oh nooooo, not the how many times did it take you to pass question Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Ummmmmm, has anyone seen the weather lately urghhhh Crying or Very sad
C'mon coll...you cant beat my story surely?
hehe do tell.... :)
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

Chally_Rai wrote:Figured out I can still use it as long as I dont stall it (would i???hehe) and i park on a hill cuz its pretty damn easy to bump start, just the starter motors gone i think.

So i got back out there.....half way across dartmoor admiring the ponies when my friend demands i do the window up as hes freezing, which i do. I then hear giggling coming from the back seat, my hair is caught in the window(its long so i didnt notice) so i turn around, COMPLETELY forget im driving and start tugging at it. I just completely forgot it was me in the drivers seat! my friend had to steer me away from a large grassy bank, which i hit anyways just....had he not turned it like he did we probably would have ended up the wrong way up.....

scared the hell out of me....

I have now made a mental note not to forget its me thats driving!!
:lol: Pure comedy, you'll have to start putting youe hair up when you're driving then :wink:
Silky V
Gold Member

Post by Silky V »

I passed 1st time with 3 minors. Just try to stay calm and don't look at the examiner, as this started to put me off a bit.

Also try not to answer too many of their questions and get chatting to them too much as this can knock you concentration.

Be friendly but always remember your there to do a test!

I remember my driving test, it starting chucking it down with rain and luckily I only done 2 manoeuvres. The first was bay parking, at the start of my test, which I cocked up but then I corrected it taking the car forward and straightening it up before reversing again. Second was a simple turn in the road.

Just remember MSM (Mirror, Signal, Manoeuvre). Keep it in that order and you’ll be fine.