6n LED rear lights,help

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
afcjay
Getting There!

6n LED rear lights,help

Post by afcjay »

just brought some rear LED lights and having problems.when i put the fog light on the reverse light comes on on the right hand side instead of the fog.when i put it in reverse the fog light comes on on the left hand side.so the are wired for europe.the plugs pushed in ok on each light and noticed there is a bare wire on each light.i take it this is the one that needs to be swaped on each light to make the fog and reverse work on the correct side.any ideas which wire i need to swap though.i wont mention where i got them yet but have phoned them 3 times today and are no help at all and deny they are wired for left hand drive.told me to send them back but wont cover my postage costs or they suggest i get a auto electrician to sort it out.you can guess what i told them.in the desciption on ebay they said e marked which they are.uk legal,which they aint at the moment and i even emailed them before i brought them to make sure they are direct replacements and was told just plug them in and off you go.my a***! anyway if anyone can help that would be great as it will save the company from getting really slagged off
willriseley
Silver Member

Post by willriseley »

find the post on how to fit mk5 lites and follow this
afcjay
Getting There!

Post by afcjay »

are the fogs and reverse lights on the wrong side as well?
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

I have pm-ed you

1) use paragraphs in your posts, my eyes hurt!
2) put a RED coloured fog bulb in the RHS cluster
3) keep the LHS as a red reverse light

DO NOT do any wiring - because you will end up with a fog on the LHS only which is illegal.
david burton

Post by david burton »

LED foglights sound illegal, however I think these are the wires:

so cut the light blue on the LHS light and green/white on the RHS, then swap the wires around with 2 big connecting wires across the boot.

pain in the ass, you got any pictures of them?
afcjay
Getting There!

Post by afcjay »

thanks dave,picture sent
afcjay
Getting There!

Post by afcjay »

so your saying the light blue wire on the left is for the reverse light and the green and white wire on the right is for the fog light.so if i leave my light unit looms alone and cut these wires and run them to opposite light units it should sort the problem
david burton

Post by david burton »

precisely, although you will be left with a fog on the left hand side of the car, which isn't strictly legal
afcjay
Getting There!

Post by afcjay »

can i not cut the left feed to the fog to do away with it or will it affect the other lights.may just personally take them back and tell em to shove em.they do look nice on the car though thats why id rather sort em out.shame the company selling em with false advertising aint got aclue about the products they sell
david burton

Post by david burton »

no, it's better you have the fog light - don't worry it's an easy job.

an MOT station probably won't fail you anyway.
afcjay
Getting There!

Post by afcjay »

right so i need to swap the light blue and the green and white to opposite lights is that 99.9%
afcjay
Getting There!

Post by afcjay »

after taking the units back out today,got my head round the wiring loom on each unit and was just a case of joining the spare wire on each unit as i thought.no thanks to the company i brought them from.emailed 3 times today no reply.called to speak to someone before i started chopping wires and no one could help.they advertised them as road legal which they arnt unless you modify them yourself.they company just play dumb.beware of false desciptions!!!!
Last edited by afcjay on Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jezmk4
Silver Member

Post by jezmk4 »

LOL

they arnt WIRED for LHD,

they are MADE for Lhd

thats why the clear section is on the right and the red section on the left

all you do is put a red buld in the right hand side

and smash out the red filter on the left hand side

easy

no need to do any wiring at all
afcjay
Getting There!

Post by afcjay »

mine aint the mk5 red lights.just aftermarket LED rear lights and they are wired for lhd and i did have to modify the wiring to get the reverse and fog light to work on the rite side of each light
afcjay
Getting There!

Post by afcjay »

you wont beleave this after sorting them myself as the company are a joke.loads of emails no reply.loads of phone calls no help.couldnt speak to the main man til monday.told to take them to a auto electrician ha ha!!
in the end thought i aint getting anywhere here ill give it a go myself and sorted it so i thought right,now to leave feedback.
so i left negative feedbac(true but negative) and guess what.ten minutes after i did.the main man who wouldnt be in the office till monday phoned asking why i left negative feedback!!!!! cheeky ****.and started getting really mouthy and even said he would have done something about them but as i left negative feedback he would do nothing!!!
well lets just say this.I COMPLETELY LOST IT WITH THE !$£%.i fully let him have it and told him i would personally deliver them and stick them .....well you can prob guess the rest,and i put the phone down,thinking thats it.
guess what he had the front to phone twice after that!!!well im telling you if the shop was within 100 miles i would have been there before opening time monday!!!
all i say is be carefull when ordering from certain companys "its a jungle out there!!!!!"