help needed with rear LED lights

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
afcjay
Getting There!

help needed with rear LED lights

Post by afcjay »

just brought some rear led lights for my mk4 6n.the fit is ok and the plugs mated up ok.indicators work.normal lights work andbrake lights work.the problem is,when i put the fog light on which should light up with the red leds,the reverse light (normal bulb) lights up on the right hand side.when i put it in reverse the fog light (leds) come on on the left hand side.i take it the are wired up for left hand drive cars .on each light i have one spare wire.on the n/s it is red/black and on the o/s it is red/blue.i take it this is why the reverse and fog lights light up on the wrong sides.any idea which original wires (colours)are for the fog and reverse light so i can swap them over.i tried swapping the holders over and it just sends all the lights mad.idicators flash with the brake lights etc.help before they or the company i brought them from, listed as uk legal,get the hammer treatment
afcjay
Getting There!

Post by afcjay »

got my head round it in the end,no thanks to the company.even got them phoning me giving me grief for leaving negative feedback.its not my fault they say they are road legal.anyway i told them exactly what i thought and more!!!