Euro Plates

Detailing & Bodywork
afcjay
Getting There!

Post by afcjay »

any ideas if they are legal with the text at the bottom or is it safer to go for the plain ones.do they actually lock the plates in well or is it better to use sticky pads.want them to be secure but dont really want to drill them.i suppose with the plate surrounds at least you can swap them over easily
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

afcjay wrote:any ideas if they are legal with the text at the bottom or is it safer to go for the plain ones.do they actually lock the plates in well or is it better to use sticky pads.want them to be secure but dont really want to drill them.i suppose with the plate surrounds at least you can swap them over easily
How do you mean "with the text at the bottom"? If they're German style plates it's irrelevant as they're illegal to begin with!

I've recently put my German plates back on using plate holders as sold by 'theplateman.com' Had them on for a couple of weeks and nothing has fallen out yet!

Their design is rather good as it allows you to swap plates in and out very quickly, so I keep my original UK ones in the boot should I ever feel the need to change them.
afcjay
Getting There!

Post by afcjay »

sorry,i ment are the plate holders with the text at the bottom,so if you swapped to standard uk plate could they still pull you
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

Writing on the plate holder?

I cannot think of any reason why it could be held to be illegal.
sally_healey
Bronze Member

Post by sally_healey »

Redline wrote: I've recently put my German plates back on using plate holders as sold by 'theplateman.com' Had them on for a couple of weeks and nothing has fallen out yet!

Their design is rather good as it allows you to swap plates in and out very quickly, so I keep my original UK ones in the boot should I ever feel the need to change them.
Just had a look at these & they look a really good idea, I've been sticking mine onto my standard VW plate surround with the number plate foam that you can get but they keep coming unstuck. These should defo sort my problem, think I'm gonna have to get some :D
Ian_R
Gold Member

Post by Ian_R »

Dubmiester is the Way Forward, £35 Inc Delivery, Order on Weekend and here for the Mon or was it Tues, But never the Less Very Very Quick, And plates look Cool As F**k,

I work at a Police Headquarters here in Sunny Edinburgh, and have these on Daily, and never had one thing said to me, and Te Traffic go Past it Every Day of The Week
Ian_R
Gold Member

Post by Ian_R »

Dubmiester is the Way Forward, £35 Inc Delivery, Order on Weekend and here for the Mon or was it Tues, But never the Less Very Very Quick, And plates look Cool As F**k,

I work at a Police Headquarters here in Sunny Edinburgh, and have these on Daily, and never had one thing said to me, and Te Traffic go Past it Every Day of The Week
afcjay
Getting There!

Post by afcjay »

have other people had problem with their rear plate surround not sitting flush on the rear of their mk4 6n?got them from dubmeister and the holder is slightly bigger than the recess hence a small lip at the bottom when mounted.
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Mouse_GTI »

I'm thinking of getting some German Plates. Just finding out on my local forum is the cops up here mind 'em.

I bought those plateholders from the plate man but found them to be too bulky, so I sold them
afcjay
Getting There!

Post by afcjay »

might sell mine on too,not sure what to do