My Latest Mod

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
h4r1s
Platinum Member
Location: Leicester/Sheffield Drives: Polo MKV-6N2 1.4SE 16v 75BHP

My Latest Mod

Post by h4r1s »

...... a huge dent in my rear wing, i bet none of you lot have got one of these :D

How it happened - i was stoppped at the traffic light in the middle lane of a 3 lane road, Ambulance came from behind with flashing lights, i checked before moving off that the car next to me wasn't moving and had no intention of moving, went forward and moved over to the right once most of the front of my car was in the next lane, i remember i was about to straighten up and that's when she came from behind and hit me. Have been quoted £750 at the moment to sort it out, still haven't decided whether to go through insurance or not. Also when i went to a body shop this guy told me that the rear wing is replaceable, asked him how and he said it would be welded on, which isn't correct is it? since it's part of the car.

ps. my car is extremely dirty
MaxZ
Platinum Member

Post by MaxZ »

s**t man.. that looks serious.. sue the f****r for all the money that she has.. women shouldn't be allowed on the road that do that to polos
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

Thats a new one... never seen one on another polo before so its deffo unique...

Back on track.... is she's prepared to pay for repairs? If so take it to a garage of your choice not hers...
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

Yeah, you could just get another rear quarter, and cut that piece out, and weld the new piece in its place.....

and :shock: yeah that sucks!
vdubit
Gold Member

Post by vdubit »

Thats rather nasty.

Buy a new quarter panel from vw. It'll replace half the sill, and probably join along the line the rear window sits at. It'll then join halfway up the rear pillar, and need blending in.

If it were mine i'd buy a slide hammer and a tub of filler, the creases don't appear that bad, and with a little heat should pop out relatively easy if you do it soon (the longer you leave it the more the metal will 'stretch' to that shape)

If you need a new quarter, why not get a tt filler cap welded in at the same time?

Andy

EDIT - only available as a complete quarter, part no. 6n3 809 605 F

looks like this... Image
polo power
Gold Member

Post by polo power »

ouch that looks nasty
h4r1s
Platinum Member

Post by h4r1s »

Thanks, for the help vdubit, any idea how much the panel costs? i've got some good news, my dads mate is going to sort the dent for me for about £80 and it will probably need spraying which i've been told will be £200 for the rear panel and door which i think is reasonable. The reason for not going through insurance is that my insurance will end up void and they won't fight my case and i'm only 1month away from my renewal for which i'm going to declare my mods.
Bepe
Platinum Member

Post by Bepe »

ahhhh, that reminds me of what mine looked like after being attacked by a gritter :lol:

Image[/img]

h4r1s
Platinum Member

Post by h4r1s »

bloody hell mine is minor compared to that, how much did that cost you to get fixed?
Bepe
Platinum Member

Post by Bepe »

give me a few days or so and i will try and get a report of what has been done to it, all in all around £1300 i think, not to sure though
polo power
Gold Member

Post by polo power »

that is bad hope you can get it sorted
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

damn that bad luck! hope both of you get the cars all fixed up nice and quickly!!
h4r1s
Platinum Member

Post by h4r1s »

Got some good news once again, my car is all sorted now, my dad's mate sorted me out big time, you guys won't believe how much i got it all sorted for........... just £150 :!: he even sprayed it for me. I don't think the colour matches that well but the rest of my car is dirty so can't really be too sure. Anyway i'm planning on getting my car smoothed out from my dad's mate and then getting a full respray this summer so my car will look brand new!!