Steering Wheel Vibration

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
D-Dub
Bronze Member

Steering Wheel Vibration

Post by D-Dub »

I've just had new tyres put on the car and when i get to 60mph i get really bad steering wheel vibration. So i went back and they re-balanced the wheels, but its still there! What could it be? Im running 10mm spacers, but i've never had the vibrations before? :? :?
sally_healey
Bronze Member

Post by sally_healey »

Could be that one of the wheels still needs balancing, sometimes you're better off putting a wheel on the back if it's a toughy to balance.

Not necessarily the wheel at fault tyres are never 100% true, i've got one on my GTi which was fine with the original tyres then I had them changed and it needed over 95grams of weight in one spot. Got this put on the back 'cos it's quite hard to balance out that much imperfection.
omicron
Gold Member

Post by omicron »

Crap wheel balancer. Take it somewhere else.
thedees1
Sponsor

Post by thedees1 »

yup its definityl the balancing, i had the same prob as you, i used quick fit once as i was in a rush needing 2 fronts, after 3 attempts they could not fix the vibro. Then i took it to my normal olace and they fixed it first time.

The only prob ive started to get recently is bad vibrating when braking through the steering wheel
polo power
Gold Member

Post by polo power »

if they cant get it to balance up right they shud break the bead again and rotate the tyre 180 'c then rebalance 99% of the time it works for me.