-------/** Workdays **\-------

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
collywobbles
Bronze Member

Post by collywobbles »

Oh alas my ears are burning (i must get that seen to) :oops:

Good morning/afternoon all hmmmm cake sounds yummsy! I know what you mean Chally, i mean i've never been a fan of buying the cakes for my own occassion pfffft!
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by shantybeater »

yeah my office too!!! strange that but the bonus is there are usually alo of cakes on someones desk most days :)
Chally_Rai
Sponsor

Post by Chally_Rai »

shantybeater wrote:yeah my office too!!! strange that but the bonus is there are usually alo of cakes on someones desk most days :)
Hehe when I worked in a large office the 2 summers ago, there were so many of us and so many bdays in the summer/people leaving/babies born...etc that there was constantly soooo many cakes, cuz you always bring more than enough for everyone anyways, it got to the point where it all over lapped and the 'cake shelf' (there is always a designated cake shelf/table) was just constantly caked in cakes.

:lol:

that was a good summer :shock:
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by shantybeater »

hehe i love the little rush of people when a mail is sent out announcing their birthday...pigs lol..(im always first)
Bryony84
Sponsor

Post by Bryony84 »

We are supposed to get a monthly food budget for buying bread, milk for tea/coffee etc, but a lot of people were treating our office like a supermarket so they stopped doing it :(

Just processed a shipment for someone called Wayne King, this made me giggle - I suppose that makes me rather childish!
Chally_Rai
Sponsor

Post by Chally_Rai »

euuurgh.

I feel ill :?
Ollie_R
Sponsor

Post by Ollie_R »

Bryony84 wrote:Just processed a shipment for someone called Wayne King, this made me giggle - I suppose that makes me rather childish!
:lol:

The new Natwest branch, where my Great aunt works, is opening for the first time. There's some bloke called Robin Banks officially opening the bank.

I sent off my passport application this morning, and I had to pay £73 :evil:

And I got the photo sorted. My head came out big (again!), but it was better than the last one.
mk4 glx 1.6
Gold Member

Post by mk4 glx 1.6 »

Ollie_R wrote:There's some bloke called Robin Banks officially opening the bank.
He used to be a Kiss FM DJ, i'm not sure if he still is as I havent listened to the station for ages.
Chally_Rai
Sponsor

Post by Chally_Rai »

Bryony84 wrote: Just processed a shipment for someone called Wayne King, this made me giggle - I suppose that makes me rather childish!
:lol: :lol:

I always do this at work...like this made me giggle:

Sock Monkey Syndrome
Rebecca Sprowls
Pleasant Word, 20 Jul 2006, Published in USA.
96pp, 203 x 127mm, 114g,
PAPERBACK USD 11.99 1-4141-0694-7 Print on demand (D)
EAN: 9781414106946 ISBN(10): 1414106947 Binding Code: P
Main Distributor: WinePress Publishing

and also the time when i searched for a Designers and producers and it came up with a list of completely normal books, except of course Designers are W@nkers by Lee Carl McCormack.

This had to happen on a day i already had the giggles...
Bryony84
Sponsor

Post by Bryony84 »

Its great fun giggling at seemingly innocent things. There was something else that got shipped a while ago that totally cracked me up, I think it was a pallet of lubricant and a pallet of something else that would have been totally innocent except that they were on the same pallet.

That had me randomly giggling at the most inappropriate times!
Chally_Rai
Sponsor

Post by Chally_Rai »

Bryony84 wrote:Its great fun giggling at seemingly innocent things. There was something else that got shipped a while ago that totally cracked me up, I think it was a pallet of lubricant and a pallet of something else that would have been totally innocent except that they were on the same pallet.

That had me randomly giggling at the most inappropriate times!
wasnt those bananas was it? :lol:
Bryony84
Sponsor

Post by Bryony84 »

Its possible, think it was something more random than that though!
Chally_Rai
Sponsor

Post by Chally_Rai »

books? :lol:

oh deary me.....

bring on home time....
Bryony84
Sponsor

Post by Bryony84 »

omg, so embarrassed!

Someone just came in with a delivery saying it was for my attention, which isn't unusual, then the delivery driver disappeared and came back with a massive bunch of roses from my boyfriend. Had the whole office shouting and doing wolf whistles all the way back to my desk.

Was very sweet though, no-one has ever given me flowers, let alone had them delivered to me!!
Chally_Rai
Sponsor

Post by Chally_Rai »

Awwww bless :)

All i get is a card, made from an envelope, off my friend. And even then its only because I asked... :? :lol:

Well he said he had nothing to make one with.... :roll: