Latest pictures of my GTI - new plates

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
badboypolo
Silver Member

Post by badboypolo »

I got the same plates they are smart. did you get them from the guy on ebay?
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Mouse_GTI »

mk4 glx 1.6 wrote:Nice pics. I am not a fan of the D banded plates, it just doesn't seem very original any more. Although, they are lot better than having a st. george's cross or similar and I really like the pressed letters design.

It may sound like I am being critical, but I am not, these are just observations/my opinion:

I can't help noticing the rear badge looks a different colour to the paintwork. You could really do with an aero rear wiper to tidy up the rear end. I still think it would look so much better with the splitter c/coded.

RX's look very sweet.
Don't worry, I'm a picky bastard too :lol: Used Reflex silver from Halfords but it will never be a perfect match as apparently the manufacturers don't give out a sort of paint code that gives the exact colour. Quite desperate for a rear aero wiper! I'd remove it all together as it looks better though I do use it quite a lot. Standard spacing on the wheels

Oh and I may get the splitter coded in the summer as I need a new one anyway - total screwed the front of it in the multistorey!
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

Mouse_GTI wrote:Used Reflex silver from Halfords but it will never be a perfect match as apparently the manufacturers don't give out a sort of paint code that gives the exact colour.
Best bet is to go to a place that makes the paint up if there's one near you.

There's 2 or 3 (can't remember now) different shades of Reflex Silver, the place I got mine from usually holds a swatch up to the car to see which one it is.
BENNO
Getting There!

Post by BENNO »

Theres more like 12 different shades of reflex silver iirc. Its terrible to try and get a match, especially as the cars are getting older. I had to get a small amount mixed up as halfords was way out.
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

good pics Mouse!