Just introducing you guys to the motor and a problem!

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
ukmk4europolo
New

Just introducing you guys to the motor and a problem!

Post by ukmk4europolo »

Hello people, i'm new on the forum and just wanted to introduce myself and the motor! So here it be :

(taken not so long ago)

The one below was taken about 20 minutes ago, after i'd just lowered the car more on it's coilovers, but i've had a problem with the one of the front wheels rubbing and making a horrible noice on the wishbone when on full lock, does anyone know how to get round this?

mk4_bandit
Getting There!

Post by mk4_bandit »

My mates polo makes that kinda noise when on full lock, he said somthing about the the tracking was out by half a turn? if that makes sense but not sure could be something else?

nice car by the way
JoeG07
Gold Member

Post by JoeG07 »

yeah lookin swish mate welcoem to the forum
/\ndy
New

Post by /\ndy »

Nice car! looks alot like mine!

Had any arch work done? am guessing there 8's?
6NBen
Bronze Member

Post by 6NBen »

welcome to uk-ps mate nice motor.
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

nice car mate, mine seems to do the same but I ain't sorted the tracking cos now the cars at a different height. Try get that checked to see if it makes any differences
Robi mk4
Getting There!

Post by Robi mk4 »

hay im the guy mk4 bandit was on about, u have the exact same car as me, pacific blue coilies and borbet t's! yeah wen i go full lock left i rub on my wishbone aswell, i took it to my uncle and he said i have half a turn more to the left than right but jst getting 5mm spacers might be enough to do the trick. i have them so ill let u know wen i get the longer bolts to fit them if it solves it or not. Rob
/\ndy
New

Post by /\ndy »

Robi mk4 wrote:hay im the guy mk4 bandit was on about, u have the exact same car as me, pacific blue coilies and borbet t's! yeah wen i go full lock left i rub on my wishbone aswell, i took it to my uncle and he said i have half a turn more to the left than right but jst getting 5mm spacers might be enough to do the trick. i have them so ill let u know wen i get the longer bolts to fit them if it solves it or not. Rob
What offset you running? 15 or 20?
jason11
Platinum Member

Post by jason11 »

liking the wheels matey :lol:
wat size and that, with what drop you done ??
Mk4Mexican
Bronze Member

Post by Mk4Mexican »

needs spacers on the front, probably only 5mm to stop it rubbin on the coilover! quite a common problem!
welcome!