My Old Polo Coupe S (D reg)

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
V_Dub_Grub
New

My Old Polo Coupe S (D reg)

Post by V_Dub_Grub »

hey im new to this site, but i hav a question for u lot.

Soon I am going to have to put my beautiful old mrs polo up for sale. I know shes not modded in anyway, but I wanted to keep her original.

She was my first car, and my dad is a mechanic so shes been looked after well. some parts that have been replaced during her 3 years with me being; fuel tank, head gasket, exhaust, breaks, filter, cant think of any more at the moment. Shes only done around 80k miles (to the best of my memory - I cant check it right now)

the body work isnt flawless, theres a dent on each front corner, laquer is peeling on the back drivers side pillar, a few little areas of rust and such, and the usual drivers seat wear - which has been patched. but in perfect working order and she is very nippy! - I now have a P 1.4 open air and the old polo has a faster acceleration than that.

was just interested whether anyone knows the best way to sell her to get the most money back? - i really dont wanna sell her to a 1st time driver as i wont get much - and I cant bear to think of her being bashed around.

I dont want this to start sounding like an ebay ad... heres sum photos.. cheers :)

[/img][/url]
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

wow that looks in excellent condition for its age! u have looked after it!
welcome to uk-p!
V_Dub_Grub
New

Post by V_Dub_Grub »

ah cheers :)

Ive been looking through this forum a lot recently and I really miss my old 'mrs'. I would ideally like to keep her and do her up when i get a more regular income after uni, to keep her as a 'toy' as such and take her to owners clubs etc. but sadly i got no garage to keep it in - and my dad wont let me :( -- im really protective of her and cant bear to hav sumone crashing it or summat nasty. call me soppy but hey.

i think its my dads fault that i wanna do her up, hes got a trojan bubblecar and a meadows frisky |(both 1940/50s) 3 wheelers that hes getting back on the road.... why cant i do that? :(

im not looking forward to the day i c her drive away :(

i not sure if my sig is gonna come ou wrong and annoying cos i couldnt preview it so bear wit me
telboy
New

Post by telboy »

how much u looking for? or am i too late :cry:
Polo Paul
Silver Member

Post by Polo Paul »

how much would you like, i sold my mk2 off three years ago now and would like another as a daily run around.
V_Dub_Grub
New

Post by V_Dub_Grub »

hey cheers for the interest :)

sorry i took a while getting back to you - I still have the car altho unable to sell it just yet as my auntie has borrowed it whilst her nissan figaro :roll: is getting shipped to the uk.

i do however need to sell it as soon as I get it back. Im not being much help im afraid cos I dont know how long she is going to be - not much longer hopefully.

Maybe it is best to post in the sale part of the forum as soon as I know...
keep looking back tho cos she is beautiful and I really want her to go to someone who appreciates polos and vdubs :D
hurricane
Getting There!

Post by hurricane »

Thats a lovely car just what im after cash waiting
V_Dub_Grub
New

Post by V_Dub_Grub »

I will let u al know as soon as its available
V_Dub_Grub
New

Post by V_Dub_Grub »

bump!

sorry im just raising awareness now -- my auntie still has my polo but only for around a month, so just seeing if people are still interested :)
V_Dub_Grub
New

Post by V_Dub_Grub »

on sale now!!!! ive posted another thread on the sale forum -- titles 1987 polo coupe s - or similar cheers :)