Trade In Price?

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Greeny6
New

Trade In Price?

Post by Greeny6 »

Wondering whether anyone here has had any experience of trading there polo in, either to a VW dealership or as part of a deal with any other buyer?

I've got a Polo 6n 1.6 at the moment (R reg) and was wondering how much i could get for it in a trade with a newer polo (2000 onwards) or Polo GTi (2001)? Any advice would be great, im craving a polo gti, but im not exactly sitting a bad car at the moment so if i can't get much in a trade, maybe its not worth it?

Thanks for the help
omicron
Gold Member

Post by omicron »

Parkers' says:
Volkswagen Polo Hatchback (94-00)
1.6 CL 3d 1997/R
Average mileage 90,000 miles
Original Price £10,570
Independent Dealer £1,540
Private Good £1,320
Private Poor £725
Part Exchange £1,155
Which seems about fair.
Greeny6
New

Post by Greeny6 »

Thanks very much omicron, think i might start searching for that Polo GTi.

I guess I might be able to get a little more in part exchange seeing as its mileage is 34,000, which I get the impression is quite low or at least certainly lower than others on the used market. Whether or not a VW dealership would want to part exchange is another thing I guess?

Thanks for the help
dragon_green
Gold Member

Post by dragon_green »

the parkers website gives a retail price.... when you px it in you'll get something around trade price. it'll be a fair bit lower than the price on parkers.

the cheapest way to do it is probably sell your mk4 privately and buy a gti separately.
Greeny6
New

Post by Greeny6 »

Yeh from looking around, autotrader and the like, selling mine privately, then buying another car would be the most cost effective. Thanks again for the help. Might post my polo up when I come to sell it, see if anyones interested.