New Mirrors and Centrecaps

Detailing & Bodywork
liljenren
New

New Mirrors and Centrecaps

Post by liljenren »

Im trying to start peicing together every little thing that I want to do to my car now that ive come into a bit of cash and so I thought id start with the mirrors!

M3s had to go!

I have now purchased Mk5 stubbies! and they look great!
Im taking them into the bodyshop tomorrow to be sprayed so hopefully I will be able to put them on asap!
I will post up pictures of before and after when they are done.
Also I have got Porsche centrecaps for my alloys as the RH ones are very hard to find and the RH ones I have on there at the mo kinda let the car down as they are kinda old and scratched. Cudnt get the proper Porsche ones which I would have loved but I got the stickers and they look just as good so its ok.
Pictures of those when they are on to follow as well!

Its on its way!

p.s If anyone wants the M3 mirrors that were on my Polo 6N then let me know as im sure we can come to some kind of arrangement. If not ill put them on Ebay so they are going either way.
:D
phillyt1988
New

Post by phillyt1988 »

where abouts you get the stubbies from?
liljenren
New

Post by liljenren »

had to search high and low online for someone that did them as a pair but Vag parts helped out nicely.

they were delivered in about 4 days as well which was great!

got word that they were finished being sprayed a few days ago so shall collect them anyday now, cant wait to see them on :D
phillyt1988
New

Post by phillyt1988 »

nice were they actual mk5 jobbies or lupo ones? also are they electric? cheers, phil.
liljenren
New

Post by liljenren »

yeh they are actual mk5 stubbies from the polo.
and yes they come with all the wires and everything so easily plug into mine as they are electric already. heated too :)

they actually came back today from being sprayed and i had to send 3 out of the 4 parts back for them to do again as it was just awful, had bad bits all over them and not very good at all! should be back soon again though
phillyt1988
New

Post by phillyt1988 »

hmm bodyshop work can be poop sometimes...could you p.m me with details of where you got them and what sort of money you paid? id really appreciate it!