spoiler advice

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
markdavies
New

spoiler advice

Post by markdavies »

hi there has anyone ever fitted a gen gti spoiler to a match? reason why im asking is because i thought they bolted on to the tailate. I was wondering if if i bought a spoiler from vw, would it come with bolts attached or what? can some shed some light on this matter as its the one with a rear light also (because it covers the original one on the tailagte)

thankie
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

I know people have done it. From what I know, they are glued on and not bolted - I think youd have to use something like evostick or a high density adhesive to get a proper seal on it. Im sure someone else will shed some more light on the matter :)
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

Alex is correct, the rear spoiler isn't bolted on it's attached with adhesive.

In terms of which spoiler, a lot of people have asked about the GTi one. And to be honest, I think it would be easier to fit the VW accessories one for non-GTi models, as this sits above the existing third brake light.
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

Redline wrote:Alex is correct, the rear spoiler isn't bolted on it's attached with adhesive.

In terms of which spoiler, a lot of people have asked about the GTi one. And to be honest, I think it would be easier to fit the VW accessories one for non-GTi models, as this sits above the existing third brake light.
Which I have on my to do list - its sitting in my garage :D
vwdan
Bronze Member

Post by vwdan »

Redline wrote:Alex is correct, the rear spoiler isn't bolted on it's attached with adhesive.

thats what im thinking of going for. would really set off the back nice

u know how much roughly they are and how much it would be to get sprayed?
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

I think I paid around £70 for one from VW, however that was about 4 years ago!
markdavies
New

Post by markdavies »

well this is something i have been looking into as i saw a picture of a gen vw gti one which was second hand and it had two big rip holes either end where it looked like it was ripped off a car?? as for price of a new gti one from vw i was quotd £150 from vw on friday and the same again to get it painted and fitted.
vwdan
Bronze Member

Post by vwdan »

i would prob go for a standard hatch back one not the gti one due to the break light. would def look good.
mad_polo
New

spoiler

Post by mad_polo »

hey m8, just got my gti boot spoiler on my SE and you do have to bolt it on in two places. Also, you do have 2 also stick it down using adhesive.
alexperkins
Site Admin

Re: spoiler

Post by alexperkins »

mad_polo wrote:hey m8, just got my gti boot spoiler on my SE and you do have to bolt it on in two places. Also, you do have 2 also stick it down using adhesive.
Pics please :D
randy
Bronze Member

Post by randy »

Why not have a look on ebay to see if you can find one cheaper?

Mines isnt a gti spoiler bu fairly similar

*** WOOOO FINALLY ON MY 100TH POST (even though ive been on this for a while :oops: ) ***
polo power
Gold Member

Post by polo power »

when i bought my vw votex one it was just bonded on and it didnt have the third brake light, it didnt sit flush with the roof, it sat slightly higher, you could ask vag parts how much a votex one would be.
hope this helps