axle caps

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
matty2767
Getting There!

axle caps

Post by matty2767 »

hope you can help. took the car infor new discs the other day and today i swapped my wheels round as the tyres on the front were getting a bit worn. i noticed that on the rear, the end of the axle is capped off whereas on the fronts i can see the bolt which holds everything together. i rang the garage to ask if they had forgotten to put the caps back on but they reckon there arent any on the front as it is only the rear axle which has bearings. the trouble is i dont remember seeing the bolt heads before on the front and i also dont know if the garage are fobbing me off.

can anyone let me know please.

ta very much
SteveB
Silver Member

Post by SteveB »

Mines a mk4 and only has caps on the rear, same as my other mk4. So I expect yours is the same. I would like to get some caps for the front though, as I don't have any for my wheels.
Ian_R
Gold Member

Post by Ian_R »

Thats Right Mate, I have Caps on the back but not on the front, you can see the end of the drive shaft, dont worry about it mate, nothing will happen, i'm sure however if you really wanted to, ring up VW ask for a set of them, and see if they would fit the front, job done, I dont know if they will fit, but its a start !
matty2767
Getting There!

Post by matty2767 »

thanks alot. as long as they arent supposed to be there then that is fine. i just didnt want them not to have fitted them.