front brakes changed now abs light on

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
matty2767
Getting There!

front brakes changed now abs light on

Post by matty2767 »

i had my front discs and pads changed by the main dealer and now less than a month later the abs has come on permanently. i just wanted to get some info from you guys as the technical aspects behind this before i go and see them.

would i be right in thinking that the sensor will have been touched when the brakes were changed? is there any way i can see the senor to have a look if there is any damge to it or it hasnt been fitted correctly?

the missus has been using the car whilst she has been off work and it hasnt done many miles since the change so it would be conceivable that if the sensor wasnt put back properly then it could have worked loose.

thanks alot

matt
Bepe
Platinum Member

Post by Bepe »

all the mk5 have dodgey sensors mate, mine comes on mainly when i have 3 or more people in the car :lol:
matty2767
Getting There!

Post by matty2767 »

it is just i have never had the light come on before and with just having the brakes changed i didnt want to have them not put something bak properly
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

If you've only just had them done at the main dealers go back and tell them that you've now had the ABS light come on.
Arnoldo
Gold Member

Post by Arnoldo »

Bepe wrote:all the mk5 have dodgey sensors mate, mine comes on mainly when i have 3 or more people in the car :lol:
lol X2, Happens me all the time :D