Aftermarket Exhausts (off the shelf)

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Tetsuo_83
Getting There!

Aftermarket Exhausts (off the shelf)

Post by Tetsuo_83 »

So does anyone have an aftermarket exhaust fitted that's not by powerflow?

I want to order an off the shelf one designed for the Polo rather than a custom job...
Any reccomendations?
What i'd like is a non ricer sounding job.. obviously it's gonna be a bit louder, but if i can get sporty rather than roaring that'd be good.

For style reasons id like the twin tipped backbox, but are any of them designed to sit without cutting the back bumper to suit?

Ive decided to go down the "Manifold - hiflow cat - cat back system" route, followed by a remap.
I dont think the gearbox can handle much more power, so i wont be going down the throttle body route, and induction kits are really just all show and no go, id rather upgrade the restrictive piping and keep VW's perfectly designed airbox.

So... exhausts... any suggestions?
Rupy
Bronze Member

Post by Rupy »

Hello again :lol:
Tetsuo_83
Getting There!

Post by Tetsuo_83 »

LOL, you always seem to spot both threads dont you, haha.

So what brand are you possibly selling? and why are you possibly selling?

Might aswell reply here...im rarely on clubpolo (I dont like it, no one replies to you there :roll: , except you obviously! :lol: )

EDIT: Just spotted your reply over there... so it's all good.

My cars silver, so i guess id have to cut a chunk outta my bumper :(
Rupy
Bronze Member

Post by Rupy »

:lol:

Yeah much better over here for proper info tbh. Did you see the pics?

The only reason i'm on all forums atm is cos I have sweet FA to do, me and the missus have fallen out, and i can't sleep! :lol:
Tetsuo_83
Getting There!

Post by Tetsuo_83 »

Ah you got it easy.... mine moved to Canada for 6 months last week :(

Yeah i saw the pics...sits really nicely, guess a little bumper modding wouldnt kill me. Did decatting do much for it? or just make it noisier?
Rupy
Bronze Member

Post by Rupy »

I used to live in Canada! :lol: Long distance relationships suck mate! But 6 months aint that bad...bit more long distance than what i deal with though!

I'm not sure what the de-catting did...deffo mate it louder..I also think it took away the resriction a bit...felt free'er...but then again it may all be in my mind! need to get it RR'd to find out what it's pushing for true figures etc.
Tetsuo_83
Getting There!

Post by Tetsuo_83 »

Dont need more bhp, I want it to rev more freely.. to feel a little less restricted round back. More torque is what id love to have 8)

These seem to be the only systems available:

Scorpion stainless system (all polo's inc GTi) £290

Jetex aluminised system (all polo's inc GTi) £250

FK stainless system (all 16v Polo's) £250

Mongoose system (GTi specific) £255

Anyone any experience with any of these?
Regarding the Mongoose system.. what would make it specific to the GTi? I thought all 6N2's had the same exhaust system?

The Scorpion system would be pretty loud wouldnt it :(?
Ollie_R
Sponsor

Post by Ollie_R »

I have a Remus backbox on my Polo, it makes a subtle noise, with a bit of a burble, and it looks pretty cool, too.

Sorry for the old picture :oops:

It cost £230 new from Elite Direct. I've heard only good things regarding the Jetex systems, I fancy getting one for my Scirocco 8)
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by shantybeater »

I can vouch for ollies exhaust looking lush, doesnt stick out too much & looks the part!

Not that long ago there was a group buy thread on here for a cat back system, I almost got involved but didnt have the cash at the time!

I'm personally looking for a twin that sits nicely at the back & I hate this whole look of pipes sticking out too far...it's chavy and tacky

Rupy - Are you selling the whole cat back system or just the backbox? i'm very keen to buy it if you are interested? we could even swap bumpers straight out to save hassle. I almost bought it off d-dub (your mate you bought the car off) but he didnt take it back it standard, had my eye on it ever since..
Rupy
Bronze Member

Post by Rupy »

Shanty...We'll see mate...I'm not working atm and want an uprated zorst but a hidden system...may have one lined up...if thats the case the whole system will be for sale..Will keep yo posted mate.
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by shantybeater »

cheers buddy