Fully converted to GTI spec Mk5(thousands spent!)

Forum rules
Please Use The New FOR SALE CATEGORIES when listing an item for sale!
Dee-vub
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Fully converted to GTI spec Mk5(thousands spent!)

Post by Dee-vub »

Righto, decided this is 100% up for sale.....fancy something different now so she needs to go!

I'll give a rough spec of it, but it was originally a 1.4 8v match model before i got exeptionally bored with that and decided to go for a conversion instead of purchasing a GTI due to the money and work i had done. The Car is sitting at about 65k with the engine and gearbox on about 50k and it is one of the sweetest GTI engines i have felt.....extremely smooth running! The engine conversion was carried out by my dad and myself because lets face it.....a professonal isn't really needed for that type of conversion. The conversion wasnt just engine based with me also upgrading to GTI brakes with brand new mintex extreme pads and zimmerman discs with goodridge braided brake hoses all round. GTI ARB's were put on so it pretty much is a GTI!

Engine wise it will have:

Powerflow catback exhuast
BMC Carbon Induction kit
B&M Shortshifter

Not 100% sure, but we are thinking it to be round about the 135bhp mark, since it is pretty much keeping up with my mates G40 :D And quite convincingly put a standard GTI to shame.

Interior wise, not overly alot to be honest:

Audi TT leather front seats
GTI leather front door cards
Mountney sports steering wheel
Mk3 Golf GTI interior black mirror
Dark rear tints, medium front tints
JBL 6x9's in parcel shelf
Panasonic cd player(does the job)

The interior is all 100% mint with barely a mark throughout!

Bodywork and chassis etc:

Smoothed front bumper
Smooth rear bumper
Smoothed sidestrips
Smoothed boot
Subtle spoiler
Stubby euro spec mirror
Satin black sprayed mirrors
Satin black sprayed b-pillers
GTI grille
GTI splitter
Black front grille badge
Hella black rear lights
Black side repeaters
In-pro black headlights(never seen another set on a polo)
8000k HID conversion
6.5x15" GTI BBS RX's sprayed anthracite center, will be spaced out about 15mm all round. Good condition
Tyres all have LOADS of tread...thousands of miles! Cant even emember the tyres since i am offshore and cant check.
Unbranded coilover setup at front with adjustable at back.....give great ride and have not seized on me once!!

The bodywork is 100% mint with no dings scrapes or dents! Any panels that had stone chips etc were repaired and repsrayed! The bodywork truely is back to show condition!!!

Only bad point

Also a small chip in the front windscreen, but is on the passenger side and does not affect the driver and also more importantly, the mot!

The engine light is on, but i am certain this just needs a reset on vag-com and will be done prior to sale.

The horn isnt working, havent had it working since the conversion, but obviously will be for the buyer since it will come with a fresh mot

Now i am bein very honest here, I have spent a hell of a lot of money on this car and will be extremely sad to see her go.

Anyways here are some pics for you guys to let you know what its all about!

The money shot :D

The car is quite well known in the polo scene and recently recieved 4th place in the Polo Show & Shine out of 55 other polos, so something is obviously going right with her :)

The car will be Mot'd and 6 month tax prior to sale.

Based in Aberdeen and looking for £4500 NO OFFERS

Thanks for looking, the car is also off the road now and not being driven!
Last edited by Dee-vub on Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
mattyy
Bronze Member

wattt

Post by mattyy »

Bruv, i can't believe your selling this!!
kipper
Platinum Member

Post by kipper »

y u selling it? u crazy @$$ fool. u should keep it. its well nice. wat car u looking for in replacement?
Dee-vub

Post by Dee-vub »

:( Time for a change.....want something a bit different now...had her just over 2 years now and been through a stupid amount with her, but fel its time to move on and let someone else finsh her off and claim all the glory :P
Arnoldo
Gold Member

Post by Arnoldo »

If u havent it sold and are goin to put most of it back to standard can I have first dibs on the smoothed bumpers and boot. Mine are fully colour coded and really good condition.
Dee-vub

Post by Dee-vub »

no problem, but farely sure she wont be going back to standard! Just dont have the time!
VwPo1o
Getting There!

Post by VwPo1o »

Dee-vub, car looks sweeeeet!! Love the rims. I'm sure it won't have any problems selling.

Any chance you could help it out on my gti conversion... mKV polo thread! I need to get some tips! :D

Thanks, would really appreciate it. 8)
Dee-vub

Post by Dee-vub »

Cheers buddy, pm'd :)
Dee-vub

Post by Dee-vub »

Right this is back up for sale after the festive period!
Al impurities in the bodywork taken it meaning it is truely back to show condition, costing £400

Changes are that the car will come with normal GTI wheels with anthracite centers and the decat is now off as it was pretty darn loud!

The wheels off means the car now sits lower and doesn't scrub...only took them off for practicality of the sale and.

New price of £4500 NO OFFERS 8)
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

good luck with the re-sale mate, beautiful car you got there
Dee-vub

Post by Dee-vub »

Thanks very much buddy :)
samil87
Silver Member

Post by samil87 »

sad to see it go
Dee-vub

Post by Dee-vub »

VERY!!!!! Will be absolutely devastated when it eventually does go, but needs must i suppose and i just cant afford to keep her with running the VR6 :cry:
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

you got any pics of the VR6 Phil?
Dee-vub

Post by Dee-vub »

Wasn't gonna post any up till i got it running, but since its off the road and dont knoqw when it will be back up and running i'll stick up a couple of pics!

Plans so far are to get the install all fitted, Do something with the wheels.....not sure what, either the centers red(same colour as the leather), anthracite, or coded to the car. A couple of bodywork touches....audi door handles and porsche mirrors. Then it will be onto the engine, supercharged and dougherty racing cams with remap to suit :P

will stick up a post with what you guys think of my wheel choices :)