COILOVERS FOR MY BIRTHDAY

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
adam_0612
Gold Member

COILOVERS FOR MY BIRTHDAY

Post by adam_0612 »

hi everyone i have come to ask for advice from you polo experts out there.
well its my 18th birthday coming up in 2 weeks and i want some coilovers for my present. so i have come to ask for advice on what are good makes and prices and what you would recomment. my car is a VW POLO MK5 1.4MPI. thankyou
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

KW's are one of the best, but they'll probably be a bit expensive for a present.

Think I paid about £630 + £50 fitting.
1der
Gold Member

Post by 1der »

hi
ive got FK Highsports. they were £400
Bepe
Platinum Member

Post by Bepe »

fk highsports ;)
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Jackson Tuning from clubpolo? think they're £215
polopowah
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

word of advice mate don't get all oil ones as they don't last very long! get Gas or Gas/oil dampers as the all oil ones are prone to leaking then exploding ...like mine have!
also when it gets dropped on the coilovers get the tracking done and adjust the camber because othewise your tyres will wear unevenly like mine have :roll:

don't mean to be a downer on spirits but putting coilies on isn't just the price of the coilovers!

-Ben-
adam_0612
Gold Member

Post by adam_0612 »

no its good u tell people these things so they know what to expect,thanks. any shops that anyone would recommend aswel?
Ian_R
Gold Member

Post by Ian_R »

adam_0612 wrote:no its good u tell people these things so they know what to expect,thanks. any shops that anyone would recommend aswel?
PM Baz C on here, he's a supplier of various ones and will quote you a good price, have heard lots of good things about him!
becky19
New

Post by becky19 »

saw you today in horsforth!
CymruPolo
Not so new

Post by CymruPolo »

I'd recommend KW also, but like Tom said they are a tad expensive for a gift.
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

I'm running FK Konigsport Silverline X at the moment. Pretty pleased with them indeed!

Yesterday I had a passenger ride in a 6N2 GTi that was fitted with KW Variant 2, and I must say that the ride felt more controlled and comfortable where my FKs are a bit more "crashy" (harsher ride).

Obviously there is a lot to be said for the fact that both cars are set up at slightly different heights and with slightly different settings but if I had my choice again, I'd spend a little extra and go for KW. They are without doubt the best choice.

Cheers
adam_0612
Gold Member

Post by adam_0612 »

hi thanks for ur help! i have been looking at weitec coilovers and have found the 'GTN' and 'GT' kits. can anyone please tell me the difference between them becuase i don't have a clue, well apart from the fact the 'GT' kit is £175 more expensive