Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
r_keates
New

Post by r_keates »

Hi everyone,

Just a quick post to introduce myself, i've recently been given (yes, given!) a 1988 Polo 1.05 by a friend who bought herself a new car!

It's running very nicely, apart from occasionally needing some accelerator action to get her started from cold, and has only done 69,500 miles from new, with 2 previous owners... think I got a good deal here!

Hoping to do some work on her to get rid of the rusty bits and restore her to a better condition - not too big a job anyway as the interior is almost immaculate, just the exterior, some electrics and audio to do...

Anyway, i'm off to browse the "How-To's",

Take care,

Rob :D
telboy
New

welcome aboard

Post by telboy »

hi mate, welcome to mk2 ownership=fun,games&lots of head scratching :lol:
The G Man
Getting There!

Post by The G Man »

Welcome Rob. I've got a squareback mk2 in a sort of 'Dolphin' grey colour. With the bodywork you'll probably find that once sanded down you hit metal (unlike Fords where you sand and it goes to a hole!) These cars are built like little tanks.

I'm waiting for the nice weather so I can install central locking in me doors (got a kit off ebay a good while back but haven't installed it yet) Using the idea from the recent speaker post as my doors don't currently have electrics in them (might see if I can squeeze so speakers in there too!)

Have you got any pictures you could post of it? If I remember my password for Photobucket.com I'll post some pics of mine (taken during summer a while ago - when we actually had some nice weather!)

Anyway, have fun....
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

Welcome along to the forum mate! glad to see people still loving the mk2's!

Get some pics up if you get a chance! good luck with the restoration!