lowering my car

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
milky1234
New

lowering my car

Post by milky1234 »

Hi all

im interested in lowering my car iv seen some nice looking polos that have been lowered already just wondering whats the best way of doing it.

Thanks Chloe
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

You can get new shocks and springs that will give you a set lowered height. They range from £90-150. height drop ranges from about 30-60mm depending what kit you buy.

Or the more popular option: coilovers (replaces the entire suspension setup) which is adjustable from around 30-110mm, kits can go from £200 up to about £800?
milky1234
New

Post by milky1234 »

thanks where would you recomend gettingt them from. also dunno if you can help with this aswell im looking for a silver front splitter cos iv got a matt black one at the minute and dont really like it and dunno where i could get one from.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

all splitters come plastic black, you'll have to have it painted elsewhere, doesnt cost a great deal.

For suspension I suggest checking out Jackson Tuning on clubpolo

shocks and springs
http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.p ... opic=35527

coilovers
http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.p ... opic=35524
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

other places that you can get coilovers from would be:

www.venommotorsport.com
www.rimstyle.com

i got my FK Konigsport coilovers from Venom and i'm very pleased with them.
jonners_gti
Getting There!

Post by jonners_gti »

Tim_GTi wrote:Or the more popular option: coilovers (replaces the entire suspension setup) which is adjustable from around 30-110mm, kits can go from £200 up to about £800?
whats the difference between a £200 setup and a £800 setup? quality of materials, adjustability etc?
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

umm adjustability will be very similar throughout (most will do a 30mm drop to around 110mm). Some of the higher spec ones however allow you to adjust the comfort of your ride, (e.g hard or soft)

Its mainly down to the quality of the build of the strut, springs, and ride comfort. some can be very stiff and bumpy etc...

I mean a £200 set won't fall apart in your hands, but you'll have to look after them e.g grease them often to stop them seizing up, but again its a good idea to do that to expensive ones too!
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

get the best quality coilover kit you can and go as low as POS!!!! 8)