Time for a new backbox!! Need some help!!, Off the shelf opt

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
rydale13
Getting There!

Time for a new backbox!! Need some help!!, Off the shelf opt

Post by rydale13 »

Hi guys. Noticed the other day that the baffles have shot in my exhaust!! so its now an excuse to get my self a nice soundng backbox. I have a Polo Mk4 1.6 GLX.

I'm looking for an off the shelf option really... difficult to describe the exhaust note I'm after but I want something subtle. like the OEM spec exhaust from a modern hot hatch. is that even possible with my car!!? In oher words a discreet bassy note and something that gets louder when givin it the beans!

I've heard that Supersprint is pretty good at exhausts but they are really quiet! Any ideas or help would be great. I'm also lookin at investin in a pipercross or K&N induction kit to improve the backbox note...

Cheers!!

Luke
Mk4 Polo MPI
Getting There!

Post by Mk4 Polo MPI »

im getting myself a Magnex exhaust this weekend, and its not to loud nor too quiet gives it that nice tone,
Hardcore
Silver Member

Post by Hardcore »

the member NOZ was selling one. PM him he might still have it.
rydale13
Getting There!

Post by rydale13 »

cheers! might look into the magnex route. Just wanna decide on what style I want. Think im after a letterbox but I want it to fit in a cut away in the bumper.

Anyone else got experience with magnex on their polo???
BratManGTi
Bronze Member

Post by BratManGTi »

right first of all never go for the supersrint it never fits the amount of people that have them and they are sat on the p*** you would not beleive my mate criss spent 1K on his supersrint full engine back system
we heated it up had leaver bars on it and everything no good

what i will say it find your local powerflow fitment centre
they will fit you a custom exhaust to the car made from scratch
you can even hear what it will sound like before its on the car with this magic gadget they have
also it made on the car 100% fit
life time warrrenty
mega cheap

first one i had from them was a full system minifold back for my 92 jeta GTi sounded awsome £250
next one was a catback system for my 1.4 turbo polo
they made the hole system turbo back with a removable cat and insert pipe for MOT buitiful sound £400

i can asure u i will back to them for the new VR6 exhaust as i have every trust in them and thier welding skills are just gifts from god
rydale13
Getting There!

Post by rydale13 »

cheers for that m8 ill take a look!! thnkin about it im sure there is a few in brum!!
BratManGTi
Bronze Member

Post by BratManGTi »

rydale13 wrote:cheers for that m8 ill take a look!! thnkin about it im sure there is a few in brum!!
im sure there is i use the telford one not far from brum

i cannot stress enough how good they really are
rydale13
Getting There!

Post by rydale13 »

So how much do you reckon it will set me back for a new backbox?? reckon I could get what im after for £150 ish??
BratManGTi
Bronze Member

Post by BratManGTi »

rydale13 wrote:So how much do you reckon it will set me back for a new backbox?? reckon I could get what im after for £150 ish??
yer around the 150 mark will sort you out as you will only need a small box and a tail pipe i had a whole system with 2 boxes and tailpipe was also very large bore pipe at 3" for £250