DIN cubby box

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
jonners_gti
Getting There!

DIN cubby box

Post by jonners_gti »

i am (at some point) going to get a new head unit. i've been idling over this for a while now but it will happen sooner or later.

the only problem is that i currenlty have the standard vw head unit, plus a cd player in other DIN slot, as well as teh 6 disk changer. this means when i get a new head unit i will have an empty DIN slot.

i was jsut wondering if anyone happens to have a spare DIN cubby box knocking around, as they are £24 off vagparts which seems a bit steep for a little plastic box!

cheers guys
nogwuy
Silver Member

Re: DIN cubby box

Post by nogwuy »

jonners_gti wrote:i am (at some point) going to get a new head unit. i've been idling over this for a while now but it will happen sooner or later.

the only problem is that i currenlty have the standard vw head unit, plus a cd player in other DIN slot, as well as teh 6 disk changer. this means when i get a new head unit i will have an empty DIN slot.

i was jsut wondering if anyone happens to have a spare DIN cubby box knocking around, as they are £24 off vagparts which seems a bit steep for a little plastic box!

cheers guys
well i will swap you mine for your cd player if you like :wink:
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

There is one on eBay at the mo, saw it advertised on E38.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0198595067

Cheers
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

I have a new one by my foot lol but thats for me as I managed to split my one into two!!
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

nogwuy wrote:
You looking for the OEM disc changer dude?
nogwuy
Silver Member

Post by nogwuy »

Tim_GTi wrote:
nogwuy wrote:
You looking for the OEM disc changer dude?
i have a jvc changer in the boot, but fancy getting the vw single cd one that goes in the din slot ander the head unit instead (as i am getting an ipod adapter but a single cd may still be handy)

you got one of them then? anyone? :wink:
bbspolo
Gold Member

Post by bbspolo »

I have both a single vw cd player and the little plastic cubby hole that fits instead of a cd player or radio if your a morman! lol
Feel free 2 make me an offer on ither wost option is i can only say no! lol
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

I may have one will let you know soon if your still interested. It came out so fast when I bought it I can't remember whether I have the cd player or cassette!
nogwuy
Silver Member

Post by nogwuy »

bbspolo wrote:I have both a single vw cd player and the little plastic cubby hole that fits instead of a cd player or radio if your a morman! lol
Feel free 2 make me an offer on ither wost option is i can only say no! lol
is your single cd player the type that you use with the gamma cassette head unit (ie in the slot underneath) or is it a whole cd headunit? does it have a screen on it? if so does it light up blue like the rest of the dash lights? do you have any pics? (same questions for tim)

thanks.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

I cant remember, I'm at uni at the moment so cant check, I'm back in two weeks, or I could try and find out before that?
bbspolo
Gold Member

Post by bbspolo »

its a seprate unit that fits in bellow the radio! one wire from it in to the back of ur radio and your good 2 go! no codes 2 mins fitting!
O and yes it doesnt have a sceen but works though the screen on your betta radio and it lights up blue and red just like your radio!
Dont have any pics at the moment if i rember 2 moro ill put it into my gti and take some for u!
nogwuy
Silver Member

Post by nogwuy »

bbspolo wrote:its a seprate unit that fits in bellow the radio! one wire from it in to the back of ur radio and your good 2 go! no codes 2 mins fitting!
O and yes it doesnt have a sceen but works though the screen on your betta radio and it lights up blue and red just like your radio!
Dont have any pics at the moment if i rember 2 moro ill put it into my gti and take some for u!
ok thanks for that, sounds like the one im after. yours sound the same tim? (sorry for hyjacking the thread by the way but if i can get one of these then i will have a din cubby box to sell!)
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

nogwuy wrote: yours sound the same tim?
Not a 100% sure yet mate, I won't be near it for a while.

Sounds likes bbspolo has it sorted for you, give me a shout if it falls through and I'll see what I an do for ya 8)