Whats the fine and points on a speed camera

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
polo-sib
Gold Member

Whats the fine and points on a speed camera

Post by polo-sib »

Subject says it all as I did 60mph past the camera markings but didn't see a flash at all on a 40mph road. Decided to drive back twice and couldn't spot a camera, its as if it use to be there but it got removed but the marking where left?

Any chance this could be true and how many points or a fine could I get?
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

If you did get caught then up to a certain point it's 3 points with a £60 fine.

Not too sure if you get off with just that for 60 in a 40 or if they'd want to do more.

Just have to wait and see.
polo-sib
Gold Member

Post by polo-sib »

The two week wait begins then :(

Yet I couldn't spot a camera when i drove back to check :?

Just have to wait and see
pip_polo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by pip_polo »

they leave the lines on the road because there hard to get off and if the camera is to be put back it;s easier to install.

the camera was probly taken down if you couldn't see it.

so hopefuly you didn't get caught

:)
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

ModifiedMadness wrote:If you did get caught then up to a certain point it's 3 points with a £60 fine.

Not too sure if you get off with just that for 60 in a 40 or if they'd want to do more.

Just have to wait and see.
60 in a 40 is a definate 3 points and £60 fine. Its a possibility you could get in more trouble for it, but if you got caught thats the minimum for 20mph over.
polo-sib
Gold Member

Post by polo-sib »

I think I'm fine I just drove up and down the same stretch three times and even pulled over and walked up and down it too see if I could spot a camera but it looks like theres none there just the marking in the road left so I should be all good, now i drive like a granny in a micra due to my paranoia off speed limits and camera :lol:
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

alexperkins wrote:Its a possibility you could get in more trouble for it, but if you got caught thats the minimum for 20mph over.
I did exactly that with my work van down the A13 caught doing 63 in a 40 by a biker traffic cop (their the worst). Fortunetly it didn't result in anything further then a SP30. So I doubt any further action would be taken.
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

Out of interest where was it?
polo-sib
Gold Member

Post by polo-sib »

A223 the long 40mph stretch between Bexley village and Foots Cray, i was heading to Bexley and it the camera's suppose to be outside the White Cross/Oak Pub, drove past again still can't see one so I think I'm all good.
mc_iver_9n
Gold Member

Post by mc_iver_9n »

If there was no flash and no camera your probably fine. :lol:
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

I never got a flash...just a damned police van with a radar gun!
Ollie_R
Sponsor

Post by Ollie_R »

polo-sib wrote:A223 the long 40mph stretch between Bexley village and Foots Cray, i was heading to Bexley and it the camera's suppose to be outside the White Cross/Oak Pub, drove past again still can't see one so I think I'm all good.
If that's the road I'm thinking of; the two cameras going either way were burnt by vandals about four months ago 8)
polo-sib
Gold Member

Post by polo-sib »

Ollie_R wrote:
polo-sib wrote:A223 the long 40mph stretch between Bexley village and Foots Cray, i was heading to Bexley and it the camera's suppose to be outside the White Cross/Oak Pub, drove past again still can't see one so I think I'm all good.
If that's the road I'm thinking of; the two cameras going either way were burnt by vandals about four months ago 8)
Lol yea ones burnt out at the bottom, think the one I can't seem to find has been removed and I didn't see a flash but I will definitely be paranoid for two weeks :(

Unlucky Alex, I got pulled over for doing 90mph on Thames road in Erith which is a 30mph road about a month ago, just a verbal warning luckily. Should start watching my speed more often.
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

~There should be 2 along there but they haven't been there for ages. They were pulled down a couple of years ago, returned for about 2 weeks sometime last year and then they were both set on fire and never replaced. You're fine :wink:
JoeG07
Gold Member

Post by JoeG07 »

i got 3 points and £60 fine last week for doing 40 in a 30, the entire road is a 40 apart from one stretch which is a 30 purely for the sake of havign a camera, i joined the road half way up the 30 bit, no speed limit signs, but a 40 sign down the road, got up to 40 flash flash 3 points £60 payable to hm courts please thank you very much.