Bye Bye Gti...............

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
mk4 glx 1.6
Gold Member

Bye Bye Gti...............

Post by mk4 glx 1.6 »

I sold my Gti yesterday, and waved goodbye as the new owner headed back up North with it.

It took less than 7 days to sell, and was sold to the 1st person that viewed it. I'm glad it sold so quickly.

After nearly 9 years of owing a Polo (6n GLX then 6n2 Gti), it is time to bid farewell and move on.

Hopefully some of you will have found my posts informative. Thanks to those who have provided useful info to me, especially Si Gti, Dangerous Dave & Olop chris.

May the gearbox gods be kind to you all!
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

Ah no worries mate! Glad it sold quickly for you! So, what's your replacement then ey? Anything we discussed about?

:)
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Thanks! Hope the new car is fun :D

Glad the sale went quickly, can only hope that when the time comes, mine sells just as smoothly.

Is the new owner of your GTi a forum member?

Cheers
mk4 glx 1.6
Gold Member

Post by mk4 glx 1.6 »

olop_chris wrote:So, what's your replacement then ey?
I've just picked up a '95 rover 820. It's the F in law's barge, which I am borrowing until I find a replacement. It's terrible to drive, but will get me from A to B.

1st choice replacement is a 172 cup with climate. Climate was only an option in the last year of production, so they are very rare. One I had my eye on was sold the day before mine. Gutted as it looked mint. They only took cash and I needed the capital from mine, otherwise I would have whacked it on the c/card.

2nd choice would probably be a 182 with cup packs.

All the cupra's I have seen have too high mileage and/or too heavily modified.
mk4 glx 1.6
Gold Member

Post by mk4 glx 1.6 »

Si_GTi wrote:Glad the sale went quickly, can only hope that when the time comes, mine sells just as smoothly.

Is the new owner of your GTi a forum member?
I gave the car a full clay, machine polish and wax, so it was gleaming, probably the best condition it had been in since I bought it. The new owner had driven 5 hours from t'North to see it! He is a member of club polo, not sure about uk-polos.
CymruPolo
Not so new

Post by CymruPolo »

Congrats with the quick sale :) .. didn't realize you were selling.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Congratulations, hope you find a sound and worthy replacement!
Luke'sGti
Silver Member

Post by Luke'sGti »

Congratulations on the sale - and good look finding your new car.
mk4 glx 1.6
Gold Member

Post by mk4 glx 1.6 »

CymruPolo wrote:didn't realize you were selling.
I only thought about it a couple of weeks ago, just felt the time was right. Decided to advertise last week thinking it could take some time to sell.

Hope yours is behaving Alun, always have thought yours is the best looking gti.
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

mk4 glx 1.6 wrote:
olop_chris wrote:So, what's your replacement then ey?
I've just picked up a '95 rover 820. It's the F in law's barge, which I am borrowing until I find a replacement. It's terrible to drive, but will get me from A to B.

1st choice replacement is a 172 cup with climate. Climate was only an option in the last year of production, so they are very rare. One I had my eye on was sold the day before mine. Gutted as it looked mint. They only took cash and I needed the capital from mine, otherwise I would have whacked it on the c/card.

2nd choice would probably be a 182 with cup packs.

All the cupra's I have seen have too high mileage and/or too heavily modified.
When I saw you type Rover my face suddenly went like this --> :shock:

The clio cups are very nice looking cars, can't say I've had the chance to drive one or even be in one...but would not be suprised if they are very good!

Shame about the cupras, you're right that the majority have fairly 'high' miles on them! I didn't want anything modified to be honest, but I settled for the fact it was re-mapped...obviously :)

Good luck on the search mate!
CymruPolo
Not so new

Post by CymruPolo »

mk4 glx 1.6 wrote:
CymruPolo wrote:didn't realize you were selling.
I only thought about it a couple of weeks ago, just felt the time was right. Decided to advertise last week thinking it could take some time to sell.

Hope yours is behaving Alun, always have thought yours is the best looking gti.

Yeh, it's behaving ok. If I'm honest though I have felt recently like I'm losing interest in the whole scene and I don't know why that is. I have many more plans for the car but don't seem to be going anywhere fast. It'll pass hopefully.
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

CymruPolo wrote:[ If I'm honest though I have felt recently like I'm losing interest in the whole scene and I don't know why that is. I have many more plans for the car but don't seem to be going anywhere fast. It'll pass hopefully.
sounds just like me Alun, mines given me hassle all winter, may just put it back to standard(ish) condition ready to seel next year!

Congratulations on the sale mk4 glx 1.6!
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Mouse_GTI »

Clio would be a good choice. Have fun with the Rover in the meantime ;)
Trottagti
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Trottagti »

Clio 182s are very very very quick cars and handle amazingly, very good choice iv been in loads abd driven 1 a little while, Id be more interested in a type r tho im thinkin, easy to tune and they look very mean on the street i must say! reliable aswell wich will be nice after the polo gti lol!
TheEggShell
Getting There!

Post by TheEggShell »

The Type R's are really nice!

My mate had the old model and has recently bought the new shaped one. They are both really nice cars with different pros and cons.

The old model seems like a better drive whilst the new one has a much nicer interior.

And as you say, they are superbly reliable!