For those with 9n(3)s who have amplifiers...

Discuss In Car Entertainment
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

For those with 9n(3)s who have amplifiers...

Post by K.I.T.T. »

May be a silly question that's been answered before but I couldn't find any threads, so here goes...

Is there a grommet in the firewall through which you can pass power cables through? Where abouts is it? Pics would help if possible :)

And I'm assuming you used a rear seatbelt mount as an earth point? Although I did see an earth point under the bonnet near the battery as well...just makes cabling longer.

Many thanks!
Ash :)
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Yeh rear seatbelt bolts are a good ground source.

They is definitely a grommet somewhere mate, I wouldn't know on a 9N3 though sorry!
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member

Post by K.I.T.T. »

Thanks Tim :)

And bump :( Had 2 looks now, but still no luck :(

SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

Bit hard to explain but it's kind of inline between the engine and the battery and quite low down.

Your other option is to take it through the 2 grommets higher up in the engine bay (opposite side to where the bonnet release cable comes through). This is what I have done to run a larger cable.

To do this you need to remove both windscreen wipers and the plastic tray that runs along the width of the engine bay.(the prpoer name for it escapes me)
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member

Post by K.I.T.T. »

SiDaBa wrote:Bit hard to explain but it's kind of inline between the engine and the battery and quite low down.

Your other option is to take it through the 2 grommets higher up in the engine bay (opposite side to where the bonnet release cable comes through). This is what I have done to run a larger cable.

To do this you need to remove both windscreen wipers and the plastic tray that runs along the width of the engine bay.(the prpoer name for it escapes me)
Thanks mate, found it (the one below the glove compartment) now :)

Although it looks quite small and I'd like to use 4 gauge cable. The method you described above, removing the wipers and scuttle tray...where does the wire come out inside the car? Hopefully you don't need to remove the dash?

Many thanks,
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

No you don't need to remove the dash. Be prepared to squeeze your hand up behind the dash and just grope around a bit behind the sound deadening a bit :).

Be careful there are sharp parts behind the dash which i scratched my hands on a lot when trying to find the cable. Just where some rubber gloves to protect your hand/s. :)
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member

Post by K.I.T.T. »

OK, thanks a lot mate....much appreciated. Was gonna try and do it before I head back to uni but it's too much effort right now and I should be revising :roll:

Roll on this summer :D

Once again, cheers!