Newb here...

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

agreed there. It is riding high. Perhaps it was a GTI convert at the factory and never finished - it happened with my mates Leon Cupra R - its just a cupra, with a cupra R engine, but the book is cupra R from the factory!
GeeTeeI
New

Post by GeeTeeI »

Hmm...a tad worrying. It's getting lowered this week anyway but it does make you wonder why it's like that! I've never noticed myself :oops:

Heres a better side on pic, so you can see the height a bit better from a level angle. (Excuse the fame hungry girl jumping in the way of the pic)

Ollie_R
Sponsor

Post by Ollie_R »

Hello, welcome to UK-P 8)

Your open-air roof looks similar to an aftermarket Webasto sunroof, the Hollandia 400:

http://www.open-air-feeling.com/v_produ ... 400_en.php

My Dad had a Mk1 Scirocco ages ago with a fabric Webasto.

Cool car though :)
nogwuy
Silver Member

Post by nogwuy »

GeeTeeI wrote:Hmm...a tad worrying. It's getting lowered this week anyway but it does make you wonder why it's like that! I've never noticed myself :oops:

Heres a better side on pic, so you can see the height a bit better from a level angle. (Excuse the fame hungry girl jumping in the way of the pic)

think that could be standard gti suspension, it was rediculously high from the factory, making the wheels look tiny! :wink:
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

Thats.... thats like my dream car......oh god i just exploded in my pants... if i was wearing any... *shudders*

Seriously kool car sir. Ive seen open air 6N2's before now. They seem to be rare as foook but a GTI... thats just mental.

And air con makes perfect sense in an open air. My mk4 open air gets hot as hell in the summer and if you think opening the roof helps your wrong. It just means you get burnt like a mother f****r lol. Air con would be lush in my car!
GeeTeeI
New

Post by GeeTeeI »

Recently had it lowered:

And...It's now for sale! I know i've spent thousands getting stuff fixed/added but i'm not going to be happy until I have something more powerful then a bloody saxo. (vts)
So i'm shopping for a tuned up 200sx now...RWD fun. Hopefully I won't die. Anyway it's up for 5k if anyone wants it :)

Thanks to everyone who has helped and offered advice with it technically, it's been a big help - cheers.
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

oh its gorgeous...i want it so bad! Damn insurance
Josh_polo
Gold Member

Post by Josh_polo »

alexperkins wrote:oh its gorgeous...i want it so bad! Damn insurance
Does your insurance go sky high then?Ive been driving nearly a year and i got quotes on 1.8's and it only went up £400...
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

Lets make it simple. Being 18 with only additional driver no claims makes GTI insurance bout £3000 - half the value if not close to the value of some GTIs!!!!
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

New stance looks loads better mate. Good luck with the sale.