VW Polo GTi Open Air - 32,000 miles. VGC.

Forum rules
Please Use The New FOR SALE CATEGORIES when listing an item for sale!
GeeTeeI
New

VW Polo GTi Open Air - 32,000 miles. VGC.

Post by GeeTeeI »

My advert on Pistonheads...

Upsetting as it is, I am selling my X reg Polo GTi. I purchased the car in December last year with 28000 miles for 5k from a dealer and I have spent alot of time & money since then making it an even nicer car then it was when I purchased it.

Full service history, 32000 miles. Very limited edition due to this being an Open-Air version.
All the usual specs - Digital Climate Control (Air con), 6 CD changer, Power Steering, Racing Seats, Chrome Gauges (like in the new Minis), Xenon lights.

Tax/MOT till June. Engine runs superbly as expected with such low mileage. Approx 3000 miles since last full service.

In terms of maintenance:
I had the gearbox rebuilt and clutch replaced earlier this year - Both of which are under a 1 year warranty. As these are known issues with the Polo GTis in general - I have kept all receipts and warranty information very safe for any future buyers.

In terms of what I have added:
Due to the gap between the wheels and the arches being a bit too high for my liking as standard on the GTi's, I had the car lowered 40mm. As you can see by the pictures it's not too low nor too high now and there is no scraping at all. I have also had a twin Powerflow full system exhaust added as the previous standard exhaust was starting to rust. I've also installed a K&N 57i kit into the engine to help airflow and get that lovely growl that they are known for making.

The paintwork on this car is very good if not immaculate and the interior has really been looked after and is as clean as they come.

Faults - A few tiny stonechips. Some have been touched up.
1 rear speaker is not working (1 speaker out of 6 in the car)
The previous owner being a lady has scratched one of the inside grab handles with her nails. The key I have sometimes doesn't work remotely at first and could probably do with replacing. I have reflected the cost of this in the selling price. As with all Polo GTi's the BBS wheels could do with a refurb for the perfectionist but I never felt the need to change them as they are nice enough.

I'm selling this car so soon after I bought it because i'm getting a 200sx as I fancy a RWD car now. I will consider a part exhange with 200sxs/skylines.

Taking all the above into account I am putting this car up for sale at £5000. (ONO)

bbspolo
Gold Member

Post by bbspolo »

ive never seen or heard of a open air polo gti! must b quite rare!
good luck with the sale!
pip_polo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by pip_polo »

bbspolo wrote:ive never seen or heard of a open air polo gti! must b quite rare!
good luck with the sale!
same, never knew they did one!!

good luck with sale as this must be very rare.
GeeTeeI
New

Post by GeeTeeI »

Now down to £4.5 for a quicksale...can't negotiate to any less.

5k in Dec + 1.3k for gearbox/clutch + £800 for lowering & powerflow exhaust + labour = 7.1k

If sold for 4.5k that gives me a loss of £2.600! Ouch that hurts.

Wish I could control my urges better and forget about the 200sx dream!