How to increase BHP?

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
b-random
Bronze Member

Post by b-random »

Tell me what gains your gettin ???? smoothness n power increase my arse, whynot spend money on something more satisfactory other than a pine cone filter under the bonnet, for all the money n time u put in to fitting and setting it up correctly tell me what gains you've got yeah?
polopowah
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

cough issues cough
b-random
Bronze Member

Post by b-random »

Nope i dont have issues if your looking for a power gain learn abit more about engines and realise from a 1.0 you cant really get jack s**t. if your really looking for a power gain i suggest you buy a fast car? problem solved :D
polopowah
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

yeah mate YEAH thankyou so much for helping
b-random
Bronze Member

Post by b-random »

It's alright no problems, let me know if you need anymore help with your 1.0 :wink:
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

The gains im getting from my 220quid pipercross viper carbon fibre kit is 2bhp according to diagnosis test from vw. im having a rolling road installed at work with no budget for installing it as i work for rolls royce and bentley at p&A wood! multi milion private owned buisness and the guys at work the mechanics that is said that induction kits give loads more life to engines as cold air feeds help the engine, im a car lover and tinker around with my gti ALOT! And i no for a fact it gives results! I have a polo gti with all the work u see as my name below this post!

Hope this answers ur question!
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

air filter on a 1.0 is never gonna get you very far dude. I remember seeing a 1.0L lupo down at bluewater once that had NOS. Now that was funny s**t lol. It did fly for a 1.0L ill give it that much.

Its as alot of people have said your never gonna get much from a 1.0L unless you do soem mroe serious work. I was told once that the 1600 AEE code head goes straight onto the 1.0l and the beauty is it looks identical to the standard head! So if you were to do that you might see something a bit more interesting. Not cheap to do though.

The reality is theres alot of things you could do. However once youve totalled the price up it seems you could have just bought a faster car.

I get why you probably wont be doing that, insurance would be a b***h. ive been there done that and now my mk2 Golf is sitting collecting dust at my nans lol.

If i were you i would invest in upgrading to a 1600 then work from there as its the best gains your gonna get in the long term. Aswell when it comes to the stage that you want to go alot faster a 1600 is a much better base for tuning purposes (so im told atleast).

Its a hard one to summarise really. As im thinking mroe im relating to my own expereince with tuing cars and i know that feeling off "yeh but i want it now lol..."

Truth is with a 1.0l its just not gonna happen im afraid. You could try turbo'ing, or supercharging. Expensive s**t though. Chargers gonna be atleast 200 quid i would have though atleast! Then you have to consider your engine management. More money, or less reliable conversions in terms of carburettors (as this was eradicate the need for an ECU) though it still has to be setup by an expert.

1.0L turbo would be a great laugh i should imagine lol.
polo-sib
Gold Member

Post by polo-sib »

LeMeph wrote:1.0L turbo would be a great laugh i should imagine lol.
haha funny you said that i was thinking of doing that if I had money with a mini's turbo haha, think it'd be amusing to drive and get a good giggle
b-random
Bronze Member

Post by b-random »

I'm not against the whole idea of airfilters induction kits etc but to try and increase bhp on a 1.0 is just a waste of time. I know my car isnt fast and im not trying to say it is, i'd rather it look better exterior wise then worry how fast i can go off the lights against a bunch of chavs in a corsa.
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

So instead of running ur mouth wiv silly comments just say that in the 1st place init, and u wouldnt have all these comments!

Wot u done to ur non chav car then??
b-random
Bronze Member

Post by b-random »

Well im waiiting for funds to come in and then im looking to lower my car on some venom coilovers? also going to source some teledials to refurb myself after that who knows, mk5 lights. non-chav enough for ya??
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

scene enough though! :P

Sorry if i see an opurtunity for sarcasm i have to get it in there. Its the way jebus mademe :cry: lol
b-random
Bronze Member

Post by b-random »

Fair enough your oppinion dont really bother me let me see some pics of your car then. If your implying im scene we'll see how unique your polo is?
Jamoygti
Getting There!

Post by Jamoygti »

b-random wrote:Tell me what gains your gettin ???? smoothness n power increase my arse, whynot spend money on something more satisfactory other than a pine cone filter under the bonnet, for all the money n time u put in to fitting and setting it up correctly tell me what gains you've got yeah?
my friend has a Fiat Grande Punto Sporting 1.4 16v.

Standard claimed power output is 95hp
Rolling road verified at 96hp standard
One GSR induction kit later and the car span up to 106BHP and is faster throughout the rev range as well as being louder than a type r with a 4 inch pipe!

with a correct COLD air feed they make a difference, providing they are set up correctly. 10bhp and 10lb/ft of torque isn't bad from an induction kit! mated to a better manifold and full exhaust system the gains can be impressive.[/b]
b-random
Bronze Member

Post by b-random »

we're talkin abvout a 1.0 polo, Hardly the best of things to tune? after all the trouble and time wasting of fitting and tuning that many parts you've jus mentioned are you really gonna be satisfied with say another 5-10 bhp?? i know i wouldnt and i doubt its noticeable when driving a 1.0 polo either.

Btw you've just said this about your friends 1.4 16v, which is alot different compared to a 1.0 with half the valves...