keeping that shine

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Mike
Bronze Member

keeping that shine

Post by Mike »

For those of you who have standard paint work and can’t afford a respray and it’s looking a tad dull I recommend this. Start of by washing the car to get rid of and dirt and grit then cut back the paint with Farecla G3 liquid compound which Cleans and restores discoloured or faded surfaces on old paintwork if your used to using cutting compounds use a machine if not apply by hand using a wet cloth this way you won’t go to mad and cut too much paint off, this stuff is so easy to use and gives a really good result.
Next step is to use a polish there’s so many good ones on the market and it’s down to which one you personal like.
Now finish of using Harly wax which is a high grade yellow Carnauba wax which will help to protect your new finish I like both of these because of the ease of using them no powder residues, I’m sure other people with have a few ideas on what they use. But after cleaning cars for over 20 years I’ve now found this combination the best to date.
vw-po-low
Gold Member

Post by vw-po-low »

Thanks for the useful info.
Mike
Bronze Member

Post by Mike »

np..when i get my new wheels thursday i'll post some pic's of my car..
you can judge for yourself the finish..
polo gangsta
Bronze Member

Post by polo gangsta »

also you could clay the car after washing it then a quick rinse then dry then polish etc