Newbie - Mk2 1989 Breadvan

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
daihard
New

Newbie - Mk2 1989 Breadvan

Post by daihard »

Hi there, I have just bought a 1989 1043cc Polo as my first car and i am very happy with it. It is proving to be ridiculously cheap to run. Only got 65000 on the clock too and no rust.

Anyway, the point of this post is it is stock at the moment and I am looking to do a few mods to it and I thought this was the best place to come to for advice.

Firstly I want to put alloys on it, I think I am going to go for the ATS 13" but then I want to lower the suspension. How do I go about doing this, can I buy a lowering kit and also any advice on how low is a sensible amount to go so it looks cool and also still functions?

Secondly, is it possible to buy performance air filters for this size engine. I know it is only a small engine and I intend to keep the car for a while due to the cheapness and I dont need anything bigger but it would be nice to get a more beefy sound out of it. Any tips? Also would fitting a different exhaust system achieve the same effect?

I will post some pictures of the car so far up when I can, my computer seems to be pissed off with my phone at the moment and the pictures won't upload.

Anyway, any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale
steveo3002
Silver Member

Post by steveo3002 »

plenty of lower kits around...try ebay or ebay.de (search polo 86c) id not go lower than a 60/40 kit

you can get a k&n or similar drop in filter, but really its just a waste of money id advise you spend the money elsewhere
bango690
New

Post by bango690 »

i took the centre exhaust muffler out and was always asked if i had a sports one on!