Dash

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Danrmk1golf
New

Dash

Post by Danrmk1golf »

Just incase anyone wondered why a golf boy is on here, i have decided to get a mk4 polo dash for my golf and thought this would be a good place to ask if anyone knew of anyone breaking one, or places i could get one from,

cheers dan :D
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

karl was selling an instrument cluster:

http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/v ... php?t=4046

not sure if that helps (at all), depends if you want the entire dash?

welcome to the forum!
Danrmk1golf
New

Post by Danrmk1golf »

im after the full dash, might try cold calling the breakers near me, what differences are there between the different ones, i want one with a rev counter and speedo up to 140, which would be recomended a gti dash?
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

I think there are 2 styles that changed over around 1998. Both have a rev counter.

I think they both go up to the same speed (?) which is 140mph.

The later style will be more expensive - for obvious reasons. I don't think there's much more on the later style dash though - the headlight switch turns clockwise for on (instead of anti-clockwise) and the rev counter and speedo swapped sides :!:

How does the setup work with getting the correct speed displayed? I never know if it's just a simple swap over, or if you need to get the correctly setup dash?
Col
Bronze Member

Post by Col »

In the post98 clocks the temp and fuel guage are at the top centre, instead of the bottom corners :wink:
dob-polo6n
Getting There!

Post by dob-polo6n »

also, in the post 98 dashes, the instrument clusters are lit from behind, and have a green glow, rather than bulbs shining onto the instruments on the pre 98 models.
Danrmk1golf
New

Post by Danrmk1golf »

So basically the post 98 dash looks nicer?