VwPo1o's ride in the members section (What do you think?)

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
VwPo1o
Getting There!

VwPo1o's ride in the members section (What do you think?)

Post by VwPo1o »

I see the pics and the first thing i think of are the lights. They look absolutely awesome at night, but during the day they don't seem to suit do they? I've got a set of sprayed standard lights. What do you think? Would appreciate some feedback. :D
Thanx
thebadun
Getting There!

Post by thebadun »

Very nice ride indeed mate - ur wheels look mint with that colour car. I think sprayed standard lights would be a bit more subtle, but I think the other ones look good though.
polopowah
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

personally i've never really liked clear/lexus lights on dark cars
but thats just me!
i think lexus lights are at home on red cars though, clear for light cars and smoked for dark, but they still look ok
dig those wheels though m8 :)
how much u lowered by?
-Ben-
VwPo1o
Getting There!

Post by VwPo1o »

I thought i was lowered by 45mm on eibach springs, but the box says approx. 50mm, so its one or the other. With the 17s on, it definately looks higher!!!
jon_poloV
Sponsor

lights

Post by jon_poloV »

do your rear lights get conensation in in the am? and are you running standard dampers?
VwPo1o
Getting There!

Post by VwPo1o »

Yeah they do get condensation occasionally. But it doesn't really bother me. It gets it on the outer edges of the lights. I have standard dampers on the car. When i get some money, I'm gona try and invest in some collies.
polopowah

Post by polopowah »

standard dampers at -50mm :s
get sum coil-overs :)
VwPo1o
Getting There!

Post by VwPo1o »

Are coilovers better than suspension kits? I know that you can adjust the dampening and the ride height, but what does that do to the handling of the car?
polopowah

Post by polopowah »

makes the car grip like s**t round corners, adjustable damping :) soft soft SOFT! it is abit of a bumpy ride, but u just gotta love the looks, its basically sitting on its arse atm
u get less body roll aswell going round corners, meaning u dont have to slow down much :lol:
-Ben-
jon_poloV
Sponsor

fuel cap

Post by jon_poloV »

like the car mate but not sure about the fuel cap cover. its a bit of a stick on thing. now youve got the aloys do you need the fuel cap cover?
what do you think about it now? does it match the car now uve got these huge shiny, aloys.
VwPo1o
Getting There!

Post by VwPo1o »

yeah i don't like it either!!!!! I was gona take it off yesterday but i was scared i'd take the paint off. How should i take it off?
It looks quite tacky!
jon_poloV
Sponsor

cover

Post by jon_poloV »

best way is to heat it up with a hair dryer to start to mekt the glue, then it should come off a hole lot easier. also dental floss is a good idea, you can slip th floss between the fuel cap and the cover to help remove it.
hope this helps
VwPo1o
Getting There!

Post by VwPo1o »

Will try that when i get back home from uni! Thanx a lot jon_poloV
polopowah

Post by polopowah »

i've just got away from the barryboy image, i ripped my jap style door stickers off today, made it look so tacky!
now its clean n smooth!
-Ben-
VwPo1o
Getting There!

Post by VwPo1o »

I quite like my stickers. I only have like three or four on each side and they're etched. I think they're a nice little touch! I used to have a huge sticker on the sun strip and a really small one on the rear window. Got rid of them cos they were too random! :?