Narrowed it down to two!!

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Tom W
Getting There!

Narrowed it down to two!!

Post by Tom W »

Right i need help, at the moment I have shortlisted two wheels:

Artec AD, black with polished lip or Ronal LS what do we reckon for the black GTI?

god i am rubbish at making decisions!!

Cheers Tom
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

the Artec ones i would say, purely for the reason i see ronal ls as a cheap copy of BBS RM/S's......
big_k
Getting There!

Post by big_k »

Ronal's for me, who gives a flying f**k as to whether their reps or cheap copys etc. They look good, better than half the Rm's u see people put on their polo's because they cant be arsed or dont want to fork out the cash to build a set properly. :roll:
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

it was my opinion.....i would rather run a s**t set of RS's than a spanking new set of Ronal LS's
Tom W
Getting There!

Post by Tom W »

well you will no longer have to put up with my wittering about wheels as ive ordered a set of artec ad's. Hope they look alright!!
chrischap2003
Bronze Member

Post by chrischap2003 »

Ronal LS are a fooking lovely wheel!!! if only they were a little wider ;-)
pologti76
Bronze Member

Post by pologti76 »

chrischap2003 wrote:Ronal LS are a fooking lovely wheel!!! if only they were a little wider ;-)
They come as wide as you like they are called BBS RS
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

pologti76 wrote:
chrischap2003 wrote:Ronal LS are a fooking lovely wheel!!! if only they were a little wider ;-)
They come as wide as you like they are called BBS RS
exactly my point
big_k
Getting There!

Post by big_k »

Tom u are indeed entitled to your opinion, i simply posted mine. I would however probably change my mind if i actually had a set of Rm's/Rs' on my car so i do see where you're coming from. At the same time though, i think that the Ronal Ls' are a classic set of wheels and no offence TomW they're much nicer than the artecs imo...

Another thing to consider is the fact that some people dislike the bolts on split rims and prefer the cleaner look of the ronal's, lets be frank the mesh design wheels are pretty intricate as they are! Personally the bbs rm/rs without bolts would be the perfect wheels for me, unfortunately ronal's dont fit the bill for me because they're a bit dishless.. :lol: They do give a fat stance on 6n/6n2 polo's though!
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

i can see what you mean there.....a wide set of BBS with no bolts wouldnt be half as hard to clean hahah
big_k
Getting There!

Post by big_k »

OMG i f*****g hate cleaaning my wheels, polishing every bolt one by one lol.... Hows the 1.8t coming along? U built up another set of Rs' yet? Tbh, i can buy all the different sets of wheels i want but i know i'll end up with Rm's/Rs' in 7.5s and 8.5s on my 6n2 lol.. However on a 6n polo NOTHING beats borbet t's for me 8)
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

big_k wrote:OMG i f*****g hate cleaaning my wheels, polishing every bolt one by one lol.... Hows the 1.8t coming along? U built up another set of Rs' yet? Tbh, i can buy all the different sets of wheels i want but i know i'll end up with Rm's/Rs' in 7.5s and 8.5s on my 6n2 lol.. However on a 6n polo NOTHING beats borbet t's for me 8)
yes i remember spending hour upon hour cleaning my old wheels!

im going for 8" all round this time but the wheels are waiting untill next summer....got my special interior to sort first, need to get my dash and doorcards trimmed to match me new seats
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Yeh bolts on wheels suck, that's where Schmidts come into play 8)
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

TH lines have bolts too.....mmmm 15" RS's or 16" TH lines?!?!?
big_k
Getting There!

Post by big_k »

Personally i reckon the rs suit the polo better, i think the th lines should be left to the bigger VIP style cars.... Interior sounds good... any sneaky shots? lol