Polo GTi Info

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
dob-polo6n
Getting There!

Polo GTi Info

Post by dob-polo6n »

Hey guys,

I currently have a Polo 6n 1.6 CL and soon will be saying fairwell to it. I love VW's in general and only really had two choices in mind as to what to move on to. The first was a Golf MkIV, either the 1.8T or the 1.9 GT TDi, and the other was a polo GTi. After much pondering I am more swaying to the Polo GTi, just because it's smaller and i think it would be a lot more fun. I just had a couple of questions, mainly whether people generally thought that the Polo GTi would be a better buy than a golf, one of the main reasons i think so is because of the good spec you get for the polo.

The other questions relate to actually buying one, as in what should i look for with regards to common problems or checking service history etc. And does the spec vary much from one model to another?

Any info or a shove in the right direction would be very helpfull!

Cheers!

Alan
SilvaGTI
Getting There!

Post by SilvaGTI »

I've not driven the Golf GTi (just the 1.6) so I guess it's not fair for me to make comparisons between the Golf GTi and Polo GTi. When I bought my Polo GTi a couple of years ago i considered a Golf GTi but was put off the idea by the extra cost of buying, insuring and running the thing. I've heard good things about the Golf GT-TDI though.

I'm actually looking to sell my Polo GTi and also live in Aberdeen aswell!

Mines a Y-reg Silver Polo GTi (only 12,000 miles) - offers around £8000

Send me a PM if your interested.
KarlM
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by KarlM »

when you do decided which one your going for then a colleauge is selling his GT TDi
dob-polo6n
Getting There!

Post by dob-polo6n »

cheers guys, just looking at some insurance quotes...