PEDAL BOX

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
mbaichu
New

PEDAL BOX

Post by mbaichu »

my pedal box has cracked
how much? where can i get the parts from myself?
is this covered by the warentee my car is 59,000 miles

thanks
kipper
Platinum Member

Post by kipper »

i believe u can get the parts from a vw dealer or a parts place.

as for price, im not sure but i dont think its a cheap job. my guess would be around the £200 mark or maybe more but i dunno. it took my god father nearly 2 days to fit mine.
Arnoldo
Gold Member

Post by Arnoldo »

Say to VW u know this is a common fault with the polos and that there should be a extended warrenty on these. Depending on your dealer they might do it for free like mine and others on here ;)
mbaichu
New

Post by mbaichu »

bit late had it done at my local garage cost me 35 for the box and about 110 labour

for once my polo feels normal similar to a new golf, the clutch is like a feather how ever im not sure if i like it yet and my bite is higher
Last edited by mbaichu on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterT
New

Post by PeterT »

mbaichu wrote:bit late had it done at my local garage cost me 35 for the box and about 110 labour

for once my polo feels normal similar to a new golf, the clutch is like a feather how ever im not sure if i like it yet and my bite is higher
My daughters polo pedal box is cracked (2001 "Y" 77k 1.4MPI) so the cable bracket moves when the pedal is pressed where did you have yours done it sounds very reasonable or has anyone the name of the dealer who agreed to do it under recall R/2004/092. I will be contacting the local dealers in Leicestershire next week and could do with some info.
PeterT
New

Post by PeterT »

I've had some good luck. I contacted 2 local dealers and as this thread suggests the first was not particularly helpful offering only the VW uk customer srvice phone number (0800711811) and insisted on a full VAG service history. The second dealer after a brief conversation offered to contact VW and subsequently came back with a 100% goodwill offer - the car is in today being repaired. Thanks to everyone.
One factor that did play in my favour was that I had had them do the timing belt on my Golf 4 1.8T and program a couple of keys in the past so I had a track record of one of their customers.
:D