Interior Light

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

Post by K.I.T.T. »

Ditto, I just have a reflector too :?

Ash
alanred
Getting There!

Post by alanred »

Looks like i am the only one then....................

VDub_9N
Getting There!

Post by VDub_9N »

i have a reflector :( like the idea though! lol
polospeed
Bronze Member

Post by polospeed »

Dont supose you would pop the door card off and see how it is wired in, am sure vag parts would do the parts. I want them I really do lol
janasswork
New

Post by janasswork »

i have the lights too. it was an optional extra at the factory at a cost of 75 quid. i have been told thatthe wires are there just not the lights for you guys who want them. the idea is for at night when you open your door so no one doesnt see it lol
panda
Silver Member

Post by panda »

anyone confirm the wiring's there? I can't say i've seen it when i was installing my speakers etc... Unless it's tucked away real good.
Also, as far as i'm aware, they were standard on the early 9n's and were dropped in 2003.
GT_Raven
Bronze Member

Post by GT_Raven »

damn i have a GT and it only has reflectors aswell :(
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

If this rain ever stops I am going to look for the wires, will let you know
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

alanred wrote:Looks like i am the only one then....................
That's disgraceful, now I'll just need to go and buy/fit some (more bloody work!!!) Ta for the picture by the way, I'll need to delve into ETOS (I know what my wife is getting for her next present - and she doesn't even like most of them!!)

BTW I'd be lying if I said that I had not already had a good look at the lower door surfaces to see if there was any hint of a "knock out " bit where they could be fitted!
whitegtipolo

Post by whitegtipolo »

i want then mine only has reflectors too! Also mine only has the LED on the door knob for the alarm on drivers side! Do you think the wires will be there for the passenger side?
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Okay, I've consulted my ETOS and it gives p/n 6Q0 947 411A - DOOR WARNING LIGHT and N 017 753 2 - BULB - but it looks like the bulb is festoon type, I can check back later if anyone wants to know the exact bulb type. Anyway, the quantity listed per car is X - maybe that means if you are really keen you could fit four on a four door car. BTW the p/n for the standard reflector is meant to be 6Q0 947 419 - REFLECTOR. As said already this item was deleted 2003MY > - so that is why my wife's September 2002 car has not got them fitted. I tried to be really clever once when adding the rear interior lights to my cav GSI 4X4 (from the Turbo 4X4) and was going to add in blocking diodes so that only individual door lights would come on when a door was opened - but I never got round to completing that mod, just got the new rear interior lights to activate individually! BTW alanred, do both door lights come on when you open just one door?
Last edited by RUM4MO on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

chewy wrote:If this rain ever stops I am going to look for the wires, will let you know
From what I could see/do tonight on my wife's car, it looks like you need a small screwdriver or the like to release the securing tangs at the ends of the reflectors or light/reflectors - otherwise you might just snap these tangs off!
wes_keo
New

Post by wes_keo »

my polo has these lights in the doors to. the top 3/4 of them is a reflector but the bottom 1/4 is a light which shines onto the ground
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

wes_keo wrote:my polo has these lights in the doors to. the top 3/4 of them is a reflector but the bottom 1/4 is a light which shines onto the ground
Is that a 3 or 5 door?

Or has anyone got these lights on a 5 door, and if so is they only fitted to the front door?
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

RUM4MO wrote:
wes_keo wrote:my polo has these lights in the doors to. the top 3/4 of them is a reflector but the bottom 1/4 is a light which shines onto the ground
Is that a 3 or 5 door?

Or has anyone got these lights on a 5 door, and if so is they only fitted to the front door?
I have a five door and only have reflectors.... :cry: Man I would love to have them in my car.... :wink: