Help...I need a car!

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
jaykay69
New

Help...I need a car!

Post by jaykay69 »

Hey guys,

Firstly, well done to the mods and all you members for making a great forum.

I am new to the site and need some advice on purchasing a car. Basically, I have had approx. 15 hours of lessons so far and need to get a reliable car that is cheap on insurance - therefore, a 1.0 Polo seems ideal. I am slightly confused with what constitutes a MKIII and MK4 Polo - wikipedia say they are the same:(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen ... 44-QINU.7F)

I have read the buyer guides, which are great. My budget is £1000-2000 at a push so a 1999/2000 model would probably be in my range. Can you guys please point me in the right direction? Due to the credit crunch, I am hoping I can get a pretty good deal but I am not sure where to look.

Thanks,

Jay
vw-po-low
Gold Member

Re: Help...I need a car!

Post by vw-po-low »

Welcome to Uk-Polos. Both mark 3 and 4 are well in your price range. I picked my mark 4 up just short of 1k with only 23k on the clock. It's only a 1.0 but is pretty nippy dispite what people say. I can't really comment on the mark 3's as im more into my mark 4's. So somone will helpout with that.
Have a look around on ebay or autotrader!

A Mark 3 is smaller and more square, they did the G40 and GT in that shape.

I've borrowed Petes pic, hope he don't mind. Fine example of a nice mark 3.

And this is a mark 4. Go from a 998cc (early one) to a 1.6 16v
Oh this is mine :D but i no longer have the cups. I'm in winter mode while i sort my classics out.

JoeG07
Gold Member

Re: Help...I need a car!

Post by JoeG07 »

hello mate, mines for sale if your interested, £1500 o.n.o takes it, all modded lot of work in that! its a 1.6 insurance is a bit higher but its quite punchy, if your interested give me a bell, i was gonna start putting it back to standard next week if it wont sell as modified!
heres the ad: http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... 11&t=40999

give me a bell if your interested mate sure we can work something out :)

- Joe.