MK 2 Build

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
pologti76
Bronze Member

MK 2 Build

Post by pologti76 »

Hi Everyone,
i am looking at changing the engine on my Mk2 H reg 1045cc Breadvan as i would like to turn it into a kinda street sleeper
i think the largest engine that will go in will be a 1.6 as i have heard they fit in with minimal modification.
i am not sure weather to use the fuel enjection ecu etc or go for carbs but as i have a good knowledge of car electrics im swinging towards fuel injection. i was thinking of having a play about with nos or a super charger if i can get 1 cheap.
i am going to treat the exterior to a new coat of paint and a few sutuble changes
i Live in wisbech in cambridgeshire so if anyone fancys giving me a had it will be awsome.
Also please dont go slagging this post off for waisting a mk2 as i want to see her getting some real enjoyment again :arrow:
a.polo.13
New

Re: MK 2 Build

Post by a.polo.13 »

I think it sounds like a great project and wish you all the best on it .
I know a mk3 golf 1.4 and 1.6 fits with very little work Have you ever thought of running a 1600 bike engine which would be quicker and lighter and smaller in the engine bay!You are able to stick nos in it !It would be really fast in a car such as the polo
mk2matt
Silver Member

Post by mk2matt »

why go for the 1600???

i used to have a 1300 that beat GTi's

so get a 1300 in there and tune it, more fun and less TAX to pay
stuartd
New

Post by stuartd »

I began looking at changing the 1.3 carb'd engine in my breadvan a couple of months ago, after a bit of searching around I decided upon a 1300GT engine loom and box , A: because it's fairly cheap and easy to find one B: it's relatively easy to fit and C: with an uprated chip a decent cam it will make my little bready fly !!!!!

I've just sorted the suspension out , next I shall be moving onto the brakes before starting a rebuild on the engine while it's out.

She'll then get a complete blow over in the original paint colour , the 13" bbs RM's are off at the refurbers as we speak and then the last thing on the list will be a retrim in navy leather..

End result : cracking little retro looking car that doesn't look like an over modded heap with a very fast litlle engine that will upset a few characters.. ( and won't break the bank)