Newbie build thred

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
samm
New

Newbie build thred

Post by samm »

Helloo guys, posted a couple of threds on here and decided to start one about my progress, im new to the car scene, and im still learning at the moment, but ive been told im above average and it would be posible for me to pass in 7 weeks :shock: which would be nice.

About the car - 2001 plate 6n2 1.4 60bhp completly standard right now, some of you would know this from my other threds, but have decided to put it all in one place now.

Just ordered a - GTI grill
- New parcel shelf strap
- Short antenna

Will take some pics when they arrive.

Also, the car is almost 300 miles over due for a service, when stared driving 15 days ago it was only 5, so ive been doing the miles trying to hit the test centre hard, going to home service it this time, as had the plans too with my old project car - a 106- since i was 13, but never got round to it.

Engine check light has come on constantly, but im going to try and get that sorted when i service it, replace the spark plugs, but i read in the manual could be something to do with a probe, and from asking around herd that a bit of blast up the motor way will sort it if not a bit of a clean, where is in on the car incase i need to clean it?

Futher plans - Replace head unit for single din
- 6.5 ' Door speakers, may get components, depends on funds
- Paint grill badge
- Gear gaitor, mines taken a serious bashing
- Little, cheap mods i can buy and fit myself

And here it is along side the old 106

Cheers guys, will put some new pics on once i got the grill and washed it.
Bepe
Platinum Member

Re: Newbie build thred

Post by Bepe »

just change your plugs mate, normally sorts it, may be due some leads too. change your oil while your at it and oil filter,

Nice base car by the way!
samm
New

Post by samm »

woohooo just got my first ever car parts delivery, new gti grill, short ariel and new parcel shelf straps.

fitted the ariel and the strap, hopefully going to get the grill fitted later today.

Next to get orderd is spark plugs and general service things oil and air filter etc, wheres the best place to buy these from, any cheap places on the net?

Cheers for the good base car comment, needs a bit of paintwork, theres terible stone chips on the bonnet, and a big gash on one of the doors

Will get pics of the new stuff and paint work soon,once i cleaned it, only cleaned the car at the weekend, already could do with another :( rains no good
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

samm wrote:
Next to get orderd is spark plugs and general service things oil and air filter etc, wheres the best place to buy these from, any cheap places on the net?
GSF mate, give them a ring 8)
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

nice car youve got there!
and good colour :wink:
giving it a good old serivce will do loads of good. mine was well in need of one when i got her. did a world of good
samm
New

Post by samm »

Got the grill on now, the big fat "L" plate on the left hand side ruins it a bit but it still looks cool 8)

paying a visit to somewhere tomorow for service things hopeeefullly, if all goes to plan, got a pit in my garage, the guy before us used to do resprays and stuff, mind you the pit hasnt been uncovered for about 5 years, so god knows what lurks down there.

pics will be coming soon of the grill, used need to be assed to take them, plus its ruined by the L plate but o well, will take some anyway, as its the first mod really.

To do this week / couple of weeks -

- Service
- Gear gaitor
- Debadge
- Paint VW badge - on this subject, how much would it cost me to drop it off at a body shop and get it painted? cos by the time i brought all the paint, primer, laquer its going to cost quite a bit.
samm
New

Post by samm »

Just ordered a new gear gaiter off ebay/gay, cos mine is shot, hope i done it right, had a few pints hahaah shud arive soon, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

got a driving lessons tomorrow 11:05, emergency stops 8) yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee got to get my theory booked up

PEACCEEEEEE
x
red6n2
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by red6n2 »

youve had a few and you have a driving lesson tomorrow morning ?... what are the odds this guy gets banned at some point lol

only messing mate :D :D

find the funnies !
samm
New

Post by samm »

"designated driiiveeer" what? haha

i hope i get my f*****g gear gaitor ive paid for it and everything, hes got my paypal and adress so surly he sould have my adress, maybe paypal shoudnt be this easy :roll:, i dont want to be £10 out of pocket, i need it, im a dirty college student haha

anyway, will update once its delivered, IF its delivered
samm
New

Post by samm »

Gear gaitor hasss been delivered, its quite nice, got blue to match the car 8), for less than a tenner was well impressed, bit tricky to fit but got there in the end.

I pics will be coming as soon as i can be assed to taked them, will do them all at once soon, probs over the weekend :)
samm
New

Post by samm »

PICTURESSS

New grill from the good side 8)

Rocking the must have mod for 2009, the "L" plate booyyaah

Service parts, need a air filter now almost there

And my cat, she wont let anyone near the controller when eastenders is on
samm
New

Post by samm »

Passed my theory, YEAH, 49/50 on the questions, and something quite poor on the hazard perception but i still passed soooooo happy :D
emma_88
Gold Member
Drives: 6N2 Polo GTi & 9N3 Polo GTi

Post by emma_88 »

Weyyyy!!! Congrats dude!
samm
New

Post by samm »

Air filter and carb cleaner brought from GSF in cheltenham today, now to get them all fitted, sparks, filters and throttle body clean on the cards soon.
One problemo, how do i get the engine cover off, i know its simple and ive tried but i cant master it, theres a topic in the engine thred about this aswell by me, any help would be muchos aprechiated

Also got a cubby hole, not a vw one :( but a universal one from my local Sextons, autoleads one, looks tacky as anything and plasticy, but it will do for now, anyone else got one? easy fit?

Cheeersssss Samm
samm
New

Post by samm »

Help me get this bloddy engine cover off PLEASE