ECU upgrade or Votex Bodykit?

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Wai_Mak
Bronze Member

ECU upgrade or Votex Bodykit?

Post by Wai_Mak »

Hey guys, Need some help making decisions as to the next thing done to my car.

Im wondering whether to Chip my car to from 104bhp to 120bhp or Get the Full Votex kit.

I've got loads of Speed humps around my area and worried my body kit may get ruined :cry:
harry
Silver Member

Post by harry »

go for the kit, you won't be disappointed it will make the car look the biz. 8)
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Hmm, though one. I'm more a power person so i'd say the SKN chip 8)
Wai_Mak
Bronze Member

Post by Wai_Mak »

harry wrote:go for the kit, you won't be disappointed it will make the car look the biz. 8)
Do you have any pictures of your car you can show me?? And what colour is your car? :?:
Wai_Mak
Bronze Member

Post by Wai_Mak »

Nelson_Wilbury wrote:Hmm, though one. I'm more a power person so i'd say the SKN chip 8)
Hey Nelson!

Hows the chip going? Im really tempted about this chip. Hows the MPG? big difference? Im getting average of 35MPG with induction kit. Before induction kit was about 40MPG.

I had race with a Suzuki Ignis 1.5 VVTi Sport. Didnt manage to get near it until 50mph. That car flies off on acceleration :(

U smoked any cars on the streets yet? :lol:
harry
Silver Member

Post by harry »

wai mark mines a black pearl effect with the full votex kit including roof spoiler and lowered by 25-30mil on the vag lowering springs running 17 inch exor wheels and it doesn't catch anywhere even over speed bumps once i can get my hands on my mates digi cam pics will be posted,
Wai_Mak
Bronze Member

Post by Wai_Mak »

Im really tempted. How much does the Exor's cost? They look nice.. but im looking to fit RS4 alloys.
Scorpio1
Gold Member

Post by Scorpio1 »

Save and do both! :lol:

I want to chip mine to 135bhp + (too many chipping options for TDI's Arghh)

and drop it 30 mm on RS4'as too.

A good place for wheels is www.rochfordtyres.co.uk and the RS4's are cheap, but only 4 stud :cry:
Wai_Mak
Bronze Member

Post by Wai_Mak »

There's quite a few set of RS4s on ebay going for cheap a few weeks back! But i had no spare change back then!! :(

Some places do Replica's - even cheaper.... but are they the same quality? or they not as good??
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

bodykit and wheels mate!! 8)
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

Wai_Mak wrote: Some places do Replica's - even cheaper.... but are they the same quality? or they not as good??
what do u mean by quality? colour? (sorry if its a daft question)

Cheers
Aaron
tornado_ally
Silver Member

Post by tornado_ally »

@ Wai. Mate get the kit without a doubt because the speed limit is 30 if not 40 and crusing in a car with a body kit feels better 8) than stuck in traffic with a fast car. Besides if u wanted speed you could have got a Nissan Pulsar for less money but then the insurance b1tch pops up. As 3 points and a £60 fine is not a nice thing to see inside a brown envelope I would go for the kit becuase from experience if you have the power you use it and it takes 23 yards of forgetfulness to have you slapped with a fine.

@ carmadaaron
replicas are often made to look the same shapewise but never actually match the original in terms of finish/texture and overall look up close. for example replica RS4s are high in demand so the replica complanies have almost perfected this shape but the laquer and diamond silver finish is patented by Ronal so the replica companies can never actually match the genuine article properly.
Wai_Mak
Bronze Member

Post by Wai_Mak »

carmadaaron wrote:
Wai_Mak wrote: Some places do Replica's - even cheaper.... but are they the same quality? or they not as good??
what do u mean by quality? colour? (sorry if its a daft question)

Cheers
Aaron
The way the alloys are made... are they just as durable? or would they be more prone to damage? The build quality, the castings. So many things..... are to do with quality.. not just colour..
Wai_Mak
Bronze Member

Post by Wai_Mak »

Thats a Brilliant idea ally! But my car is capable of getting flashed easily anyway. I just wanted the chip because I had a few runs against a JAP car... and it whipped my a**!! so im planning to tune it.

Body kit will look nice... therefore... attract more attention. :?

I just installed a Toad alarm with full window closure upon locking and also added a Microwave perimeter sensor. So if anyone wants to check my car, it will beep them to go away - I just hope they dont end up kicking my car. :cry:
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

I'd go for the chip myself! :D

James.