my 6n 16v on a budget

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
RO83
New

my 6n 16v on a budget

Post by RO83 »

as above this is my 6n 1.4 16v i have owned for the last 6months now that i have sorted all the silly commen faultss i have started to add some subtle little mods which are:
aero blade wipers (def recommended)
removed sticky badges from boot lid to give it a smoother look
added vw solitude alloy wheels which i may change again yet
and have now lowered her by 60mm all round on shocks and springs
then i got a little bored and found some tinting spray in my garage

pls leave ur thoughts good or bad im pretty thick skinned and suggestions on further mods would be good but remember im on a budget thanks
will try get some more pics up soon
Polo96CL
Platinum Member

Re: my 6n 16v on a budget

Post by Polo96CL »

Nice colour this is, i'm not too keen on the headlights but I reckon you should find another set, split them and tint the reflector, reseal and run :)
RO83
New

Post by RO83 »

must add that it aint the actuall headlights that i have sprayed had some light protectors hanging around so sprayed them just for fun i call them sunglasses maybe start a new craze on the scene lol or not
Polo96CL
Platinum Member

Post by Polo96CL »

Ahh coool, I like that idea. I reckon a lighter tint would of been better though, try rubbing in some turps or thinners?
RO83
New

Post by RO83 »

any ideas wat i could do with these wheels or even wat wheels would look better
RO83
New

Post by RO83 »

doest any1 else no how to use a keyboard?? come on guys feed back please
Polo96CL
Platinum Member

Post by Polo96CL »

White dish, black spokes on solitudes :D
RO83
New

Post by RO83 »

was thinking something like that but was thinking maybe colourcoded spokes on white dish or other way round not fond of black wheels think they look dirty in my opinion, otherwise was thinking maybe sell the solitudes and get some rxII 6n2 gti wheels spraying them white with a mirrored dish or third option some diamond cut estorils
Lowrider6n
Getting There!

Post by Lowrider6n »

debadged grill...window tints....streched tires...inside maybe...new steering wheel...seats?... i sprayed mine matte black...went for the murdered look...should check it out:) mite not be your cup of tea lol...

ooo and by the way..... take off the bump strips from the doors, be careful not to pull it off to quick u'll peel the paint.... use a hot air gun to soften the glue holding it on to make it easier if you fancy
RO83
New

Post by RO83 »

debadged grill pos dont really wanna touch inside or go ott jus want subtle outside mods hate window tint unless ur goin for the stelth look and gonna keep the side strips for the mo as the misses will be driving it lol

thanks for the suggestions theo,

any thoughts on wheels any1??
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Not a fan of the headlight protectors myself.

Personally with your car I'd get clear side indicators, mark5 rear lights and mark5 mirrors, colour code the handles and de-strip the sides. That'll smarten things up 8)
bananaskin
Bronze Member

Post by bananaskin »

I think that the headlights look pretty awesome. But thats probably because ive gone for the mirror black effect all round, on a similar colour polo. lol.

Where did you get your aeroblades from btw?
luke 16v
New

Post by luke 16v »

you can do a lupo wiper conversion (wiper arms and the blades). or just do what ive done and just get the aero blades.
RO83
New

Post by RO83 »

I got the aeroblades from german and swedish they were 20 made by bosch and fit straight on prob wil debadge grill refurb the wheels and take off bump strips but should i really change my 16v rear lights for red mk5s think i prefer the standard tinted 1s
luke 16v
New

Post by luke 16v »

i prefur the standard 16v lights aswell, i think the 6n2 red lights only suit certain colours